Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Stable with patched ckeditor
Hello,
I came on this thread because of an issue with IE10 and Ckeditor 3.6.2.

After my IE7 PC automatically updated itself with IE10 I had numerous issues with updating all my customers websites - the biggest one being the ENTER key no longer worked???

After investigating the issue I found out that CKeditor 3.6.2 was the culprit and that led me to this thread because even the current stable version of GS still has CKeditor 3.6.2.

Anyway after downloading your latest patched version which included Ckeditor 4.1.1 I came across the following issue. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you were not already aware of it.

Using your unaltered download I opened up the only page available and made a text change (so the message "Page has unsaved changes" displays).

Then I clicked on the "Insert Image" icon and clicked on Browse.
An error window appears that said "Are you sure you want to leave this page". It's the normal one that comes up when you made some changes and then want to navigate to another tab etc.

It doesn't seem to matter the choice you select (Leave or Stay) as you are then able to insert an image OK.

The same error appears when the "Link" icon is chosen and you choose an existing page to Link to. Same error appears.

This seems to only happen in IE 10 I believe.
It would interesting to see if you could replicate this issue.

Apparently there is some JS script that can be entered in the config.js file to stop the "Insert Image" message appearing but the "Link" icon message still appears - Seems like a workaround rather than a fix anyway.

Anyway, THANKS heaps for creating this special branch of GS - it really saved my bacon as customers with Win8 and IE10 was starting to call me because they could not modify their website.

Messages In This Thread
Release Stable with patched ckeditor - by shawn_a - 2013-04-08, 23:58:31
RE: Release Stable with patched ckeditor - by stryker - 2013-06-29, 09:09:36
RE: Release Stable with patched ckeditor - by apt - 2014-06-07, 23:38:58
RE: Release Stable with patched ckeditor - by apt - 2014-06-08, 07:34:12
RE: Release Stable with patched ckeditor - by apt - 2014-06-08, 07:59:29