Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin | Simple Blog - Setup Stage
^ I agree crash, I just wanted to let you know that even though it's possible, it's not logical if the userbase and blog posts and comments become many.

Here's how you could set it up at best, IMO.

[data/blog] - main folder
[data/blog/posts] - posts folder
[data/blog/comments] - comments folder
[data/blog/index] - index folder which contains the the post and their relative comments.

How to set it up...

When creating a post the index file for that post is created.
post-1

In post-1, it lists the url to the post xml file in the posts folder.
The index file also stores the info of whether or not to publish the post, and additional settings for that blog post and it's comments.

Next, when the blog is published, the user can comment.
When the user comments it create a file in the comments folder like: post-1-1, post-1-2, post-1-3 and so forth. (keeps the naming and referencing simple.
The comment when submitted will be index in the post-1 index file.

I hope you understand that I'm saying the index file is the main driver to push the GS to find the blog post and also it's related comments in an easy manner. It also would store the settings so that the server doesn't have to search through the blog to find the settings and related comments.

I know that's not fool proof, but having it indexed that way will also make it easier to setup rss and maybe even a search mechanism Smile
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?

Messages In This Thread
Plugin | Simple Blog - Setup Stage - by Nijikokun - 2010-03-04, 23:47:27
Plugin | Simple Blog - Setup Stage - by Nijikokun - 2010-03-06, 09:56:19
Plugin | Simple Blog - Setup Stage - by internet54 - 2010-03-06, 10:29:06