Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin panel slow was: Update to GetSimple 3.2.1 slows down admin panel
Hi,
i have a new problemUndecided

After updating my website to GetSimple Version 3.2.1(from 3.2) following the Wiki Update advises the admin pages of the site suddenly are pretty slow. What happens seems to be that the first php file being loaded takes very long(from 7s to 30s and more) to load while the rest follows with normal speed.

This is what Opera Dragonfly tells me about load times of the first php:
51.11 ms Scheduling request
0.12 ms Writing request header
0.18 ms Writing request body
30314.03 ms Waiting for response
0.13 ms Reading response header
236.68 ms Reading response body
77.16 ms Processing response
30679.40 ms Duration
Firefox' Firebug shows me similar load times.

The user page loads quite fast as usual, it happens only for the admin pages(all of them). If worked well with GetSimple 3.2 and did so again after i returned to my 3.2 backup. Since it's only the admin pages i don't suspect my hoster or my internet connection to be the culprit.
This happens only on my webspace(Strato) not on my local WAMP Server.

I tried the following without success:
- Change back from PHP5.3 to 5.2
- Use Firefox instead of Opera
- Disable most of the plugins that are not needed by the website itself(but for admin purposes such as hitcount ...)
- New install of GetSimple 3.2.1 instead of copying of over 3.2, then adding the website data again.
- Debug mode and error log shows nothing
- Website check: All integrity checks, permissions etc are ok, but the version check of GetSimple does not work:
GetSimple Version 3.2.1
Upgrade Check Failed !
Download

The same happens on the Plugins page for GetSimple installation and all plugins.

Any ideas?
Need more information?
I've tried everything i could think ofSad

Thanks
Holger
[Edit]Corrected GetSimple version nr.Blush

[Edit]
Changed title since this issue has turned out to be unrelated to the GS update to 3.2.1.

Messages In This Thread
Admin panel slow was: Update to GetSimple 3.2.1 slows down admin panel - by hd - 2013-05-04, 09:14:59