Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mobile website plugin option?
With mobiles devices like smart phones and tablets enjoying such massive popularity these days having a mobile version of a website is becoming more and more important. Responsive sites are one side of the coin, basically offering one site for all devices. But there's also the other side of the coin: a seperate mobile website where a selection of the content is served to the visitor.

To my knowledge there isn't a proper Get Simple solution for this 2nd scenario yet. But I think there should be.

I guess the most easy way of going about things would be 2 separate installs of Get Simple. One for the regular site and one for the mobile site. However for the end user it would then be preferable to have these 2 sites behind one login, offering a selection screen pointing him to the one or the other. Is this currently possible?

Another option would be a plugin enabling the end user to manage his mobile site and content from the regular GS admin. I think this would probably be the nicest option of the two.

Every day I am surprised by some of the stuff the plugin developers come up with so I am quite sure something like this will be possible.

Not being a programmer myself I am afraid I won't be of much help coding-wise, however I am willing to do my part helping out where I can, testing, writing documentation, etc. And as I would also be using it professionally I would be willing to even fund development if needed (and then donating it back to the community of course).

I think a plugin like this, or otherwise that first option would be a very good addition to GS so I hope someone will pick up the glove.

Let's go guys!

Messages In This Thread
mobile website plugin option? - by Draxeiro - 2013-06-02, 04:33:14
RE: mobile website plugin option? - by Carlos - 2013-06-02, 08:03:19
RE: mobile website plugin option? - by stryker - 2013-10-15, 16:55:46
RE: mobile website plugin option? - by Oleg06 - 2013-10-15, 19:37:38
RE: mobile website plugin option? - by Kolyok - 2013-10-16, 02:07:32
RE: mobile website plugin option? - by stryker - 2013-10-17, 07:25:36
RE: mobile website plugin option? - by Timbow - 2013-10-17, 07:42:35