Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nested GS installs, or one with lots of templates
I've recently fallen in love with GetSimple (don't tell my fiancee) and I want to re do one of my sites with it.

Okay, great. That will be easy.

But I've decided I want to get rid of an old site I have. To do so, I will add it as a 'sub site' with specialized content and a unique theme/template and very specific content.

Once I decided that, I realized I could make a second sub site, specializing in something else.

All 3 sites are basically the same idea. (Thinking 'general' recipes vs Thai recipes vs African recipes or general handyman tips vs a site just about constructing a room and another about just car mechanics) The sub sites are just specialized content of the same kind as the main site.

My question is this: Is it better to next three different GS installs as so:

/.
/thai/.
/african/.

Or should I make one site, and just use a different template page for the sub sites. Both would work fine. And both would be easy, I think.

Are there any technical limitation or concerns I should worry about? Anything that would make one option hard that I'm not thinking about?

Messages In This Thread
Nested GS installs, or one with lots of templates - by ShawnPConroy - 2013-07-26, 02:08:18