Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with file permissions when editing pages
I've just decided to move to a host. I've got everything working, except the page editing. I get a screen with this message:

Warning: copy([private]/backups/pages/information.bak.xml) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [private]/admin/changedata.php on line 133

Warning: unlink(/usr/www/users/ryochan/canecreekcanyon.org/data/other/i18n_menu_cache.xml) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in [private]/plugins/i18n_navigation/backend.class.php on line 16

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML([private]/data/other/pages.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [private]/admin/inc/caching_functions.php on line 315
Error: Headers already sent in [private]/admin/changedata.php on line 133 If your browser does not redirect you, click here

I've been just trying to get rid of the first one to start with, but help with the others would be greatly appreciated. When I click the redirect link, my changes aren't saved.

All of the file permissions in backups (including subdirectories) are 755. I've discovered that line 133 is the copy() php function designed to create backups, so I'm guessing that the function does not copy permissions with it. Are there any known fixes? I've searched this for a while, can't find anything so far.

Also, FYI, I'm using an FTP client to upload to the server, if that has anything to do with it. I'm setting the permissions using FTP.

Messages In This Thread
Issues with file permissions when editing pages - by Blue_Dragon360 - 2014-07-17, 14:36:00