Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with implementation at WEDOS
Hello,
I've been implementing latest GetSimple on my WEDOS pages and I ran into some problems. Which I solved, but the solution may come handy for others, therefore I'm writing this post.

1. .htaccess problem.
WEDOS forbids several commands in .htaccess files Options +FollowSymLinks is one of them. All pages (admin and index) were giving me 500 error. Options +FollowSymLinks is in .htaccess file in default installation of GetSimple. Commenting the line solved this first problem.

2. aliases and bad URLs
I have several domains at WEDOS. Files for these domains are in this folder structure: for domain1.com is the folder /www/domains/domain1.com for domain2.net is in /www/domains/domain2.net etc. The translation of URLs is done by .htaccess in /www/ folder. But GetSimple uses $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] for getting URLs and I was therefore getting bad URLs like this for index page www.domain1.com/index.php it was www.domain1.com/www/domains/domain1.com/index.php. I had to change $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] to $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']. And I hope it solved my problem. I don't know this exactly, because I was getting bad URLs during installation and I replaced the variables after installation. But since then I didn't encounter such a problem.

3. Bad CSS within Page Editation.
At the end of the Editation page, there should be a dropdown menu with 'Clone' and 'Save and close' options. I had these signs in pure unordered list and not clickable. I did not need to use these options, but it bothered me and I thought it may be some problem with caching or badly done installation. But I had the problem in two different browsers and trying to avoid cache use was not helpful. I dig through the page structure and css and found that in /admin/template/css.php are CSS rules for #edit #dropdown. But it wasn't working. I didn't find the #edit element in the page, but the body tag had id 'edit.php?index.php' or something like that. I suppose this should be the #edit element, but since it wasn't working and I didn't find usage of the #dropdown element elsewhere, I simply removed the #edit in all lines with #dropdown in /admin/template/css.php and the dropdown started to work as it should.

That's all for now. I'll be setting up the template and site content next so I'll see if I didn't cause any damage with my problem solving.

Messages In This Thread
Problems with implementation at WEDOS - by mpegyna - 2014-11-28, 10:46:52