Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Replacing Admin Panel Structure?
I would start with a feature branch of of master, master is 3.4 dev and it has new hooks on all pages.

for example
edit.php calls
exec_action('load-edit');
immediate after the cookie check before anything happens, and this goes for all other pages.

I have also added some draft hooks for buffer wrapping or whatever in footer.php
if you wanted to buffer all pages and modify them before outputting to browser, however this might not be the best idea since this could change alot, but I have had success doing a dom import on the html and modifying using xpath and then outputting it, of course you could also do some regex hacking instead.

PHP Code:
<?php exec_action('footer-body-end'); // @hook footer-body-end before html body closing ?> 
</body>
</html>
<?php exec_action('footer-end'); // @hook footer-end the end before php flushes its output  ?>

If you want to do this for 3.3.x is is a bit harder without modifying core files.
As there are no early hooks until header is called, if you wanted to replace an entire page etc.

of course you could probably accomplish alot with just jquery, rearrange dom, add classes etc.
But if you find stuff that is hard to select for let me know i can update it in core, there are a few things i noticed that are not target-able for lack of classes or ids.

I don't know if you plan on UI only, or functionality also.
At some point it is going to be wise to rewrite core entirely, as everything has been slowly patched into it, ajax saves for example do not use a common implementation, but I have made some minor adjustments to some stuff to try to make it easier to implement, for example submit_line submit inputs are automatically added to sidebar now on all pages with a submit form matching that. I have also added labels and label buttons and fixed up our form wrappers leftopt and leftsec. But its still a mess of bandaids on 3+ year old code.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix

Messages In This Thread
Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by Splashsky - 2015-04-25, 05:14:26
RE: Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by shawn_a - 2015-04-25, 05:22:58
RE: Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by shawn_a - 2015-04-25, 05:37:33
RE: Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by shawn_a - 2015-04-25, 05:51:42
RE: Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by shawn_a - 2015-04-25, 05:52:55
RE: Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by shawn_a - 2015-04-25, 10:22:12
RE: Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by shawn_a - 2015-04-25, 11:00:13
RE: Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by shawn_a - 2015-04-25, 11:09:09
RE: Replacing Admin Panel Structure? - by shawn_a - 2015-04-25, 11:10:41