Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUG REPORT Ckeditor Bugs..(MultiLine Toolbar, Buttons not accessible, et al).
Hello, I'm new here, I'd like to switch to GetSimple, after years with gpEasy, because the getSimple interface seems it'll be easier for my clients.  Also, the php code is easier to read, understand, and adapt!  Mostly, GetSimple seems better designed and less buggy, EXCEPT for a major bug or 2 around the Ckeditor integration:
For me and most writers, the more buttons+tools the better, so I custom added many.  More than can fit in row of the toolbar; but I found that GetSimple doesn't expand or adapt, it just cuts off all the remaining buttons from view!
It gets Much worse:  I, like millions of users with visual disabilities, need to use a computer and Browser set to 'black background screen', with white text.   Many of the worst rich text editors(such as TinyMCE) make their buttons all invisible on such setups.   Luckily, CKeditor is much better with accessibility.  On black screen setups, it automatically converts the buttons to text buttons (using the same text as the 'hover tips' you normally seen when hovering over a button.) But that means that a tiny button expands to 30+ times its width, as in 'Insert/Remove Numbered List'.   Now, I need at least about 4 or 5 rows in the toolbar to see or use the buttons.  Ok, that's fine.  It works in other CMS that use Ckeditor, like gpEasy.  BUT.. in GetSimple, all but the first few buttons are cut off from view or use!   This means, for the millions around the world who need accessibility, it is IMPOSSIBLE TO USE GetSimple without a fix that will allow multiline toolbars, the way other CMS do.   Sad
Another, much smaller issue:   The Ckeditor config documentations (both at their site and in your wiki) says that you can use code like '/','-', to separate the buttons into 'groups'.   That worked fine with gpEasy, but doesn't have any effect at all in getSimple.   The buttons show no groupings (even on normal white screens).
A minor issue: The 'save and Close' button doesn't work, and you will lose your data.   For now, I just don't use that button, and use the GetSimple 'Save Updates' button instead.  
Thanks for any help.  

Messages In This Thread
Ckeditor Bugs..(MultiLine Toolbar, Buttons not accessible, et al). - by Arugula - 2015-05-20, 06:14:45