Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION strange behaviour since upgrade to 3.3.6
I have four different getsimple installations running. All run well - since upgrading to 3.3.6...

I can't fix the reason when it occurs yet - but I have had it on all installations "sporadic" during editing of pages. If error occurs, editor window is not shown when I want to edit page. Window appears for some microseconds and the is gone - blank, no editing possible. When I have a look at the editing pages code which is transferred to browser I see big parts of the edited pages code - I think, most data is transferred. But something I don't know is wrong so no editor window is shown. This occurs regardless of used browser.
Entering debug mode does nort show anything for fixing. Replacing "data" folder to an older one where editor works does not change anything. Clearing cache in browser or in data/cache on server does not change anything. Searching for files which have been changed during the time between "running" and "not running" does not show any change of files. When I replace complete installation with the backup which works ERROR REMAINS (!!!!!)

The only possibility to fix this is
- copy another installation which works to the directory
- remove data-folder
- copy data-folder from backup
... and then editor window appears again for a while.

I have no idea where to look but the only aspect I see that apache caches something that should not be cached - but no idea how to do forensic work Sad

Next time I save code of editor-page if it works and next if it does NOT work to see what is different.

Does anybody have strange unlogical behaviour with new version, too?

Best regards
Andreas

Messages In This Thread
strange behaviour since upgrade to 3.3.6 - by df8oe - 2015-07-18, 20:18:39