Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] changedata.php download instead of page update...
(2016-08-13, 23:27:36)shawn_a Wrote: This is version 3.3.10 ?

The new page idea is good.

Could your meta content or slug names be the cause ?
are you using any special characters in those

Problem solved!

Their support was not willing to help (running my own CMS, getting no error log...), but he mentioned a security setting to prevent guestbook-spam as unlikely to be the problem since only some of my pages were affected - which made me suspicious.
I never heard of that setting and started digging through the user interface and found it on a page that I had seen several times before but did not realise it had that setting on it (most security settings are somewhere else). 
I deactivated it and all is working.

So your hunch was right, it was my server acting up and I guess they suppress errors from supposed spam - which did not help any in this case...
I can only set this for the whole hosted webspace and sadly the comment spam on my blog now started to come in, so I'll have to only disable it when I edit the pages.

In the long run, the encryption you mention on that issue thread could be a great feature for GS if it prevents such a filter to act, since security measures will only grow stronger over time.

I owe you a big thanks for bearing with me, even though it was not directly GS' fault.

Cheers,

Tom

Messages In This Thread
RE: changedata.php download instead of page update... - by Thomas Helzle - 2016-08-16, 01:27:24