Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best of British
What does the toolbar in your 'pages' editor look like?  Do you have the Source button available?

If not, then pop your gsconfig.php file open and change

Code:
# WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

to

Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');
(un-commenting the second line)

or change it to
    define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'full');

Advanced is neater, but Full shows you everything you have to work with.  From there you'll probably want to create a custom toolbar stripping out anything you don't want to use.

Once you have Source on the toolbar you can switch to that and do the image up with the caption.

I work with a couple of people who can't use Source so for them I came up with another solution.  The (Full) editor's toolbar has a useful tools called Templates. I added 3 templates in, each a block containing the img and caption (one left aligned, one right, one without alignment).  They can insert this code into the page with a click a button, replace the placeholder image and caption with the real thing. Unfortunately, it is easily scrambled up afterward if they are being indecisive.
(If you do decide you'd like to use the Templates tool for this sorta thing, make sure to include templates_replaceContent : false to the GSEDITOROPTIONS in your gsconfig.php)

I imagine a GS plugin would do a better job, but I have not been able to find one (yet?)

Messages In This Thread
The Best of British - by effingpot - 2016-09-28, 08:03:32
RE: The Best of British - by Raeven - 2016-09-28, 22:23:18
RE: The Best of British - by effingpot - 2016-09-29, 00:11:09
RE: The Best of British - by shawn_a - 2016-09-29, 00:25:31
RE: The Best of British - by Bigin - 2016-09-29, 05:15:41
RE: The Best of British - by Raeven - 2016-09-29, 12:23:36