Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Why are components under 'Theme' tab
If I understand correctly, switching themes doesn't switch to a different set of components.

I do feel that this is correct behavior, but it shouldn't be listed under the theme tab.

There may be a place for theme-specific components, though,
just like there is a place for site-specific css and js, as opposed to theme-specific js.

It would be **extremely** useful for beginning getsimple addicts (that includes me) to have documentation on
- the recommended place for site specific css and js (now I put these under data/uploads/..., is this a sensible choice?)
- the recommended place for theme specific css and js (this I suspect, is under the theme/mytheme/ subdir)
- recommended component names that ought to be supported by Themes (available thru extend or otherwise): e.g., sidebar, tagline,... This should help theme authors to arrive at themes that mostly continue to work after switching from one theme to another.

Even though, apparently, having <script> and <style> tags in html that has been pasted into page source seems to work (not sure about php), the Wysiwyg editor can't be trusted not to re-edit the html, and, certainly, if it finds html syntax errors or *worse* unsupported features, it will destroy all or part of it. I understand that getsimple pages are not the preferred place to put script/css.

Incidentally, the ckeditor does not seem to support all of the attributes that are sometimes found in html tags (e.g., input tags), so editing such tags with the contextual popup may destroy some of the attributes.

I am also asking myself:
- how to add special characters in unicode/UTF-8. I tried to enter the search symbol (left-pointing magnifying glass), just by pasting the character itself, or by pasting it as an &<hexCode>; html entity, but no cigar.

Messages In This Thread
Why are components under 'Theme' tab - by vanfruniken - 2016-11-23, 23:18:52