Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED Subdirectory in update folder suddenly missing or broken
Hello anybody,

i'm using GetSimple Version 3.3.12 and got the responsive file manager installed.
Files are uploaded via the file manager or sometimes also via FTP FileZilla.
When i'm working with GS and logged in the backend, i'm having FileZilla connected to the FTP at the same time, so that i can upload files via FTP or GS.

I had a subdirectory inside the uploads folder which is named "images" and a few more subdirectories in this image-folder.
I created a thumbnail of a different size with GetSimple and tried to use it in the content but the image didn't appear.
Even trying to see the thumbnail in the file manager only gave the message that GS is not able to process the request.
The problem ocurred before, when i uploaded images via GS. The images was there, but preview i.e. was not showing.
So i guessed, it's a problem with the permissions of the folder and i set the permission of the whole "images"-folder including the subdirectories via FTP to 640 - don't ask me why, but the pictures uploaded had all 640, so i thought that's the right setting.
The uploads folder got permission 755, index and htaccess of uploads-folder have 640.

What happened next is strange, the whole "images"-folder including subdirectories and all included files disappeared in FileZilla!
The images of the whole webpage were immediately gone, but the files itself are still listed in GS filemanager!
However, the files and directories in images folder have now < 1 KB and creation date is Jan 1, 1970.
It's impossible to delete these files or folders via GS, i get the following message: Error: There was a problem deleting the file.
Via FTP, it's impossible to create the same folder "images" again, i will get the message: Permission denied.

I am really stuck now and have no idea how to fix it, cause i guess that there is an interference of GS and the webserver.
Or why is it possible to have the folder incl. files still in GS with <1KB but being invisible via FTP FileZilla?

Attached i'm having screenshots of the contents for uploads-folder in GS-filemanager and the FTP.

I'd be glad if anybody could help me out with this cause i'm not able to work on my webpage anymore until it's fixed.
Thank you very much in advance, please let me know if you need any further informations.

Kind regards,
Shasaar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Subdirectory in update folder suddenly missing or broken - by Shasaar - 2016-12-25, 23:26:13