Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED Parse error in admin/inc/common.php
I seem to have solved the problem, though not sure why the hosts settings would have changed from earlier when the site was running fine

What I found:

1.) The webpage is located in its own directory, but that had indexing turned off, -- I turned that on.

2.) There was also a choice for php 5 or 4.x, and it was at 4.x, so I switched it to 5 (sub version not indicated).

3.) Yesterday I had updated the /admin/ directory to 3.3.13 (was 3.3.3), but since I was unsure of the php version used on the host (5.x) I decided to revert to 3.3.3. So I uploaded /admin/ again.

4.) This time when I went to /admin in the web browser, I was greeted with some error messages, but also the login screen. Login password did not work, but I was able to access the lost password function, and did get an email allowing it to be changed online. After closing and reopening the site all was well.

I'm still a little concerned about using such an old version of GetSimple. Is there a somewhat later version that will work with php 5.0 (rather than 5.2 since I'm not sure of the sub version on this host)?

Thanks for any help.....

Messages In This Thread
Parse error in admin/inc/common.php - by vtsimple - 2017-07-15, 14:51:51
RE: Parse error in admin/inc/common.php - by vtsimple - 2017-07-16, 04:43:02