Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editor-Configuration: add your whishes here
Hi,

I just found Azexo Composer a JavaScript library and AJAX PHP script for user friendly front-end content editing of HTML pages.

Is this the perfect add-on for Get-Simple ?!

You'll find it here http://www.azexo.com/azexo_composer/

I think it would be great if this could be included in the next version.

just my 2 cents...
It is interesting.... the interface leaves something to be desired.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Button which will allow to use all the Bootstrap components Big Grin.
(2014-10-17, 02:04:06)shawn_a Wrote: you do know that cke editor is full and includes most of these already ?
define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'none');
or
define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'full');

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...-config.js

I was unable to get the full toolbar.. Is this a setting modification in gsconfig.php ?
Specifically I want a button for create Anchor.

Thanks
(2015-04-04, 00:48:52)dryland404 Wrote: I was unable to get the full toolbar.. Is this a setting modification in gsconfig.php ?
Specifically I want a button for create Anchor.

Yes, in gsconfig.php, set GSEDITORTOOL to basicadvanced or a custom configuration ( a JSON array with all the buttons you want to include. For example, if you want the basic CKeditor toolbar + an anchor button, you should change the line in gsconfig.php to:

PHP Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source', 'Anchor']"); 

You can find the full list of buttons here

@azexo_composer I hope this will never be implemented into the core. It's slow as *censored*¨and is the kind of plugins that make Wordpress sites super-complicated to customize. As soon as you need something out of the box you're stuck with an obtrusive UI which barely allows modifications without 'hacks', and it adds tons of layers of useless elements, ditto for WP Bakery/ Visual Composer.
Ckeditor now has its own inline editor
(2015-04-30, 22:21:11)shawn_a Wrote: Ckeditor now has its own inline editor

Shawn, I have installed this pached gs cke_432 version. Checking default template in the browser I cant see the the posibility to Inline Edit the content.

Is there a way to turn on Inline Editor what is build within CKE edit +4.* ?

Thanx

Alex
Well its not implemented in GS, someone has to make a plugin.
(2015-04-30, 22:21:11)shawn_a Wrote: Ckeditor now has its own inline editor

(2015-05-02, 22:26:56)shawn_a Wrote: Well its not implemented in GS, someone has to make a plugin.

Ok Shawn, thank you for the reply.

Is there some other known option for InLine Edit for GS?
I think there are 1 or 2 in the forums people have started on, but nothing final
For Add link , please add a checkbox option for "No Follow" flag
https://support.google.com/webmasters/an...6569?hl=en

Use rel="nofollow" for specific links
Add OG: fields for each page by default.
Sitewide OG: tags in the admin panel and per page fields for each page under Page Options.

https://moz.com/blog/meta-data-templates-123
(2015-06-06, 05:25:46)dryland404 Wrote: Add OG: fields for each page by default.
Sitewide OG: tags in the admin panel and per page fields for each page under Page Options.

Some people (like small businesses starting out) don't want or feel the need for a social presence, neither do they have the time or want to maintain it. For them this would be bloat; you can already do this pretty automatically with CD - Opengraph & Social integrations, or manually,  for specific pages, by implementing some fields with the I18N Customfields plugin, then load them in a component or so. With GS Custom Settings you can do so site-wide.

Also, shouldn't this rather go in the 'Options' section than in the CKEditor?
(2015-06-07, 22:29:09)Tyblitz Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 05:25:46)dryland404 Wrote: Add OG: fields for each page by default.

Some people (like small businesses starting out) don't want or feel the need for a social presence, neither do they have the time or want to maintain it. For them this would be bloat; you can already do this pretty automatically with CD - Opengraph & Social integrations, or manually,  for specific pages, by implementing some fields with the I18N Customfields plugin, then load them in a component or so. With GS Custom Settings you can do so site-wide.

Also, shouldn't this rather go in the 'Options' section than in the CKEditor?

Thank you Tyblitz for the response. 
Yes, this should go in options, I'll see if it is possible to move the thread. 
Yes some people will not need it when starting up , this can be handled with an option box in the admin page (Enable OG tags) I didn't realize I would need it until I dug into why shares on Facebook always showed the wrong image or no image at all. And then realized the impact on SEO of not having any decent shares occurring on social media. If you are not set up properly for social media you will have a hard time getting ANY decent rankings in google search. Even as a plug in it would be fine as long as it doesn't get broken by upgrades which is the common problem with the current plugins. You are correct it is not difficult to do with I8N Special Fields, but far better to have done it from the start. 
Don't get me wrong. I love GetSimple CMS for it's flexibility and straight forward approach. 
(2015-06-06, 05:21:02)dryland404 Wrote: For Add link , please add a checkbox option for "No Follow" flag
https://support.google.com/webmasters/an...6569?hl=en

Use rel="nofollow" for specific links

This is important for search engine ranking to not have links outbound followed by indexers to affiliate ads or pages that may be 404 in the near future. Both can impact your search ranking negatively.
GS 3.3.8 outputs html5 doctype
<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">

but the GS CK Editor converts non-closing
elements to xhtml
ie <b /> instead of <b>
  <hr /> instead of <hr>

I looked for the writing rules in the ckeditor.js
but I couldn't find them to fix mine. (I'm amateur)

Maybe default next time?

Thanks for all y'alls great work
Shawn aka chief
Can you create a new thread or github issue pls
Why does it matter pretty sure both are valid in html5
(2016-04-08, 08:49:45)shawn_a Wrote: Why does it matter pretty sure both are valid in html5
Hey, shawn_a thanks for your rapid reply. I wasn't expecting to hear from you so quickly, it is apparent that you work so hard. I would not have even noticed this issue if I had not been so impressed by your program that I wanted to try it out on my own personal site and developing my own bootstrap theme.

In response to your second post:

Yes, they will validate, however, from my experience sometimes there are problems like duplicate line-breaks and double horizontal rules in Opera and other older browsers.

The functional purpose of the HTML5 specifications is to provide developers of user-agents (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc) direction and guidance in a common path for parsing the markup instuctions to deliver the correct audio-visual output intended by the author. User-agent developers interpret ambiguities in HTML and xhtml specifications and develope their parsing computations in differing ways. IExplorer is one result for example:

From the Innovation Theme header:
<!--[if lt IE 7 ]> <html lang="en" class="ie6"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 7 ]>    <html lang="en" class="ie7"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 8 ]>    <html lang="en" class="ie8"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 9 ]>    <html lang="en" class="ie9"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--> <html lang="en" > <!--<![endif]-->

From the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group:

"Should I close empty elements with /> or >?
Void elements in HTML (e.g. the br, img and input elements) do not require a trailing slash. e.g. Instead of writing <br />, you only need to write <br>. This is the same as in HTML4. However, due to the widespread attempts to use XHTML1, there are a significant number of pages using the trailing slash. Because of this, the trailing slash syntax has been permitted on void elements in HTML in order to ease migration from XHTML1 back to HTML."

In short:
'In the head - base, link and meta are:
void elements in HTML5
but
in XHTML, these may use explicit closing tags as well as self-closing ones (just as non-void elements can).

In the body - Do not use an explicit closing tag for these void elements to avoid double-inclusion when shown in HTML (because of different parsing rules when the user-agent sees the trailing slash
and
in XHTML avoid self-closing tags on non-void elements which can sometimes accept content (such as <script>)).'

From W3C:

"Except for rules regarding parse errors, they are equivalent, since there is no appropriate end tag token in the fragment case, yet they involve far fewer state transitions. "

Simply put when the trailing slash is left on void-elements in HTML5 (<br-hr />) and foreign-elements (<meta-link />) more calculations are required by the user-agent and some calculations result in duplicate display i.e. a double-line break which looks like a paragraph break or a double horizontal rule instead of a single (has this never happened to you?). Multiply by instances X pages X sites X visitors.

How it affects me (and writers like me):

The CK Editor adds trailing slashes to void elements (I fixed mine i.a.w. your great wiki).

The GS Post/Page advenced meta info function adds trailing slashes to <meta name="description" ... />, <meta name="keywords ... /> and <link rel="canonical" ... /> (I haven't figured a fix yet)

I write most of my css and html markup freehand on a text editor. Brain-muscle memory remembers most of it and I automatically omit the trailing slashes if I am writing HTML5. When I proof the output source from the browser I am confronted with a mixture of < /> and < > that drives my O.C.D. crazy. 

Ref:
https://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#The_WHATWG
https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html

Thank You again for your powerful example of dedication. I'll help on this issue in any way I can. My strengths are in networks, hardware and HTML5 (growing). Just direct me, I'm retired but nonetheless as busy as you.

Shawn Mc aka chief
Ok so how did you fix?

I know some like to be xhtml compatible as well.
(2016-04-09, 09:31:40)shawn_a Wrote: Ok so how did you fix?

I know some like to be xhtml compatible as well.

Hey shawn_a
I haven't abandoned this, simply very busy. Perhaps the fix is as simple for the Get-Simple config as it is for the CKE. I will test for an answer. Please bear with me.

Thanks,
Shawn Mc aka chief
Well how did you do that ?

"The CK Editor adds trailing slashes to void elements (I fixed mine i.a.w. your great wiki)."

What did you change, so others can know and i can add it as an option
(2016-04-17, 00:16:53)shawn_a Wrote: Well how did you do that ?

"The CK Editor adds trailing slashes to void elements (I fixed mine i.a.w. your great wiki)."

What did you change, so others can know and i can add it as an option

Hey shawn_a,

To remove the trailing slashes in the CK Editor I just followed these instructions in the Get-Simple wiki:
http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:edito...tml_output

For those of us who prefer for the html5 self-closing tag, I did a similar fix.

To make the "space and trailing" slash disappear in the meta tags and canonical link in the header,
simply:

in the admin/inc/ folder,
in the "theme_functions.php" file,
in the "Get Page Header HTML" section,
remove the extra spaces and slashes from the culprit-elements as below.

Before Fix:

line#
001-242
243  /**
244   * Get Page Header HTML
245   *
246   * This will return header html for a particular page. This will include the 
247   * meta desriptions & keywords, canonical and title tags
248   * ...
249-284
285   if(!empty($desc)) echo '<meta name="description" content="'.$desc.'" />'."\n";
287   // meta keywords
288   $keywords = get_page_meta_keywords(FALSE);
289   if ($keywords != '') echo '<meta name="keywords" content="'.$keywords.'" />'."\n";
291   if ($full) {
292   echo '<link rel="canonical" href="'. get_page_url(true) .'" />'."\n";
293-647

Simply delete the extra space and trailing slashes at the end of "$desc", "$keywords" and "get_page_url" so that they now read:
After Fix:

285   if(!empty($desc)) echo '<meta name="description" content="'.$desc.'">'."\n";
287   // meta keywords
288   $keywords = get_page_meta_keywords(FALSE);
289   if ($keywords != '') echo '<meta name="keywords" content="'.$keywords.'">'."\n";
291   if ($full) {
292   echo '<link rel="canonical" href="'. get_page_url(true) .'">'."\n";

I would think most people can do this themselves without too, much trouble,
I hope this helps.
Shawn Mc aka chief
What I find weird is that when you make a <br> in source view in the Ckeditor (4.x), Ckeditor will change this into a <br />, but the output still gives <br> . Then if you click save again, output gives <br /> (tested in ie and Chrome).
(2016-04-18, 23:42:04)datiswous Wrote: What I find weird is that when you make a <br> in source view in the Ckeditor (4.x), Ckeditor will change this into a <br />, but the output still gives <br> . Then if you click save again, output gives <br /> (tested in ie and Chrome).

The fix from the Get-Simple Wiki that I linked to in the post fixed that for me.
chief aka Shawn Mc