Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't make Fancy URL work
Hi guys.

I've created a website using GS system in my home pc using XAMPP, and everything worked just fine.

As I wanted to move it to a linux based Apache server, some problems appeared. For now, I'm just trying to do a fresh installation of GS, and it seems like I got some unresolved issues. Most of them were solved by me, after installing php-xml, and fix some folders permissions.
I'll be happy to hear what the professionals have to say about it.

Those are the errors I get when in debug mode:

Code:
Warning: unlink(/home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/install.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/inc/common.php on line 142

Warning: unlink(/home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/setup.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/inc/common.php on line 147

Notice: Use of undefined constant PATHINFO_FILENAME - assumed 'PATHINFO_FILENAME' in /home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Warning: pathinfo() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Notice: Use of undefined constant PATHINFO_FILENAME - assumed 'PATHINFO_FILENAME' in /home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Warning: pathinfo() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

My main problem is with Fancy URL usage. Everything else is functioning (I think).
mod_rewrite is enabled, but I still get 404 page when try reach the fancy addrress.

Oh, PHP version is 5.1.6 and Website Health Check is all GREEN.

Thanks guys !
The errors there are just warnings and have nothing to do with fancy urls. I bet the problem is with the htaccess file in your root folder. Can post it's contents here? Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
There's no htaccess file in my root website folder. There is a temp.htaccess though.
That's the reason then. Rename temp.htaccess to .htaccess and edit the part in the file that mentions it might need edited if you are installing GS in a subfolder
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
It worked !
Thank you Chris.
Let me just comment on those warnings and notices you got:
Code:
Warning: unlink(/home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/install.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/inc/common.php on line 142

Warning: unlink(/home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/setup.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/server-name/public_html/mysite2/admin/inc/common.php on line 147
These two say the server didn’t have permission to remove the set up files. Please check your admin directory and if setup.php and install.php still exist remove them.
Code:

You get that error 3 times and it’s due to the way GetSimple tries to figure out where your files are on the server. The function used is not supported in PHP 5.1.6, which is why we dropped support for it (see our requirements).

Of course, when GetSimple works on your server there shouldn’t be too many problems. All of the security features should still work on your version of PHP.

Hope this makes things clear!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!