Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CKeditor, full package
Hello,

I have question.

Why ckedior is provided with 57 file language and full plugin ?

In GS, the other lang is in package from language. But Ck content full language.

the GS 2.03 is light, and Ck represents 2Mo on 3.2.

The file langue is ~900Ko.

why the language pack does not also provided languages ckeditor ?
ive thought about this, and wasnt sure what to do. It's always been part of the issue list to clean up unused CKEditor pieces... Whats the feeling of everyone? Remove all the languages? Keep only a select few?

While we are on the topic, what about the plugins folder? Should we clean those up too?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
For me ?

I'm like a small tool. So , clean up plugins and languages.

And add a package langauges, by folder
Code:
- admin
  - lang .. files language
  - template
    - js
      -ckeditor
        - lang .. files language

For folder plugin, I clean up folder and will keep only plugin used.

Pposibility package specific aditional plugins
haha, anyone willing to help clean up the plugins folder?

Also, I think it might be good to leave a handful of commonly used languages inside CKEditor... Can i get a show of hands for specific languages?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
For language, the most common
- en_US
- es_ES
- fr_FR
- pt_PT

but, if languages in ckeditor, as it is language core ? one language ?

For folder plugins not used, to start
- filebroswer
- flash
- newpage
- pagebreak (or implents in futur ? )
ccagle8 Wrote:haha, anyone willing to help clean up the plugins folder?

Also, I think it might be good to leave a handful of commonly used languages inside CKEditor... Can i get a show of hands for specific languages?

The problem is more complex. I'd leave common languages, but allow users to download remaining languages as an archive.
It bothers me that additional language files for GS has to be downloaded manually.
GS package should contain common languages as well, although there are still not many translations.

CKeditor's plugins is a different thing. I added once youtube plugin (embedding yt videos), which I think comes handy with news/blog plugins.
I looked at couple plugins some time ago and some of them were useful for advanced users.

It could be one of things todo, to make it possible to turn on/off ckeditor's plugs from within GS admin panel.
1 special option which would be considered as a must be, is a switch allowing to change the behaviour of enter and shift+ enter (I've seen someone not that long ago asking how to force enter to break the line, instead of creating another paragraph).
I have to change ckedit's ini manually.

btw. did you think about changing ckedit's interface language automatically according to user's GS language file ?
Currently it bases on locale set in gsconfig file.

I think this is a question to discuss more widely. But firstly we'd have to list all ckedit's plugins with description and possible usage (pros/cons).
(all plugins contain description)

btw. does GS 2.03 utilize latest ckedit's version ?
Code:
- newpage
- pagebreak (or implents in futur ? )
Those are commonly used plugins for articles divided to couple pages.
As I've said, usable with blog plugins, assuming its developer would make use of it.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:1 special option which would be considered as a must be, is a switch allowing to change the behaviour of enter and shift+ enter (I've seen someone not that long ago asking how to force enter to break the line, instead of creating another paragraph).
I have to change ckedit's ini manually.

We discussed this some months ago in this thread.
You can simply edit GetSimple's gsconfig.php and replace this:
Code:
#define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', '');
by this:
Code:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', 'enterMode : CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR');
To be honest it doesn't matter which file I have to edit, to succeed.
It's just I have to edit it manually anyway, and know what to change/add/delete/ Wink

I wonder if GS website could contain a FAQ, where registered members could provide some useful hints,hacks&solutions to GS.
yojoe Wrote:To be honest it doesn't matter which file I have to edit, to succeed.
It's just I have to edit it manually anyway, and know what to change/add/delete/ Wink

For me it does matter -- If you do changes in your ckeditor files (or GS source code) you must be careful when upgrading GetSimple: they'll probably be lost (overwritten).
However if changes are in gsconfig, they will (our should) stay.
There's 1 very simple rule I follow: I never touch a well working system.
If I have to patch it, I would do it only for a security reasons.

Regardless, I'm used to find out what exactly would I have to patch, not to make the situation worse than it was Smile
All languages other than English should be removed from base package. Translators could provide necessary CKEditor translation files packaged with GetSimple translations.
We did remove most, but kept some of the key languages translations for the editor in the svn. They were small, and it wasn't a big deal to keep a couple.
- Chris

Carlos Wrote:We discussed this some months ago in this thread.
You can simply edit GetSimple's gsconfig.php and replace this:
Code:
#define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', '');
by this:
Code:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', 'enterMode : CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR');

how to add more than one option?

I used to edit fckeditor.config-files but with CKEditor the files are compressed and I do not find how to tweak them ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
@Connie: where do I find possibly options for ckeditor? Suppose their native to CKEditor...?!

Edit: sorry... here: http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/sy...onfig.html
texta, yes that's where the options are listed

Connie Wrote:how to add more than one option?

I used to edit fckeditor.config-files but with CKEditor the files are compressed and I do not find how to tweak them ;=)

I found out, how to add more than one configuration to the editor. But this may only work for simple configurations, not complex ones...

you have to line up the configs:
Code:
# WYSIWYG Editor Options
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', 'enterMode : CKEDITOR.ENTER_DIV','forcePasteAsPlainText : true');

The first setting will add DIV instead of P and the second one will get rid of all that WORD-schmodder which is entered when users don't know the difference between text and formatted text, between editor and wordprocessor ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18