Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominion Blog/News system
Smile .. Will do so. I just have to finish my clients system tonight, have missed it yesterday already. then I will do this and the changes what people need

Why you not want it on its own page anymore ? if I may ask ?
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
I thought it would be difficult, I do not hurry
No it will be easy, I am already doing something like that for my client thus will bring what I did over. Just the time is problem ( I had to fix roof this weekend, thus did not time to work, rainy season coming). But will do all this as soon as I am done , as I said is easy, just the time to get it done Big Grin
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
and we have winter is coming and my wife and I will go skiing Smile
you are not in a hurry
Smile sounds very lekker. I hope one day I can also do skiing, here in Africa we dont really see snow. Just sun and alot of it Big Grin.

Will let you know, if I get done tonight, maybe tommorow I will quickly do it.
well
Just wondered if there were more updates to come for this excellent plugin..? I'm looking to switch from nSys & roll this out to my site for the start of November. No worries if you're busy though Smile Thanks heaps for what you've done so far...
jimbo_on_travels Wrote:Just wondered if there were more updates to come for this excellent plugin..? I'm looking to switch from nSys & roll this out to my site for the start of November. No worries if you're busy though Smile Thanks heaps for what you've done so far...

Hi there. Yes there will be one of the days.. have a few stuff in mind, want to add tags and tag cloulds also.. just first need to do some stuff that pays the bills first Big Grin

but will re-focus on it as soon as I stabilized Dominion jCart also..

wont be to long Big Grin

if you have suggestions, please add on list that I can look at it for you.

tx
Thanks for the update Smile

One idea would be to have "social" bookmarks under each post (e.g. icon to facebook, digg etc..)

Also if possible, moderated comments to posts & that can handle poor html / website defacing. This is something nSys can't handle and I have comments switched off by default.
Sounds like good idea's think I will add to project plan (first post of forum entry)
and then we can work on it as we go on

tx
Just throwing in my opinion. I think you should add plugin hooks, for example a hook on top and a hook at the bottom of a post:
Code:
exec_action('dom_blog_posttop');
exec_action('dom_blog_postbottom');
Things like bookmarking buttons as mentioned by jimbo can then be their own plugin. This way you can keep your blog plugin from being bloated with everyones requests. You simply provide the blogging capability and people can write plugins to that again.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:Just throwing in my opinion. I think you should add plugin hooks, for example a hook on top and a hook at the bottom of a post:
Code:
exec_action('dom_blog_posttop');
exec_action('dom_blog_postbottom');
Things like bookmarking buttons as mentioned by jimbo can then be their own plugin. This way you can keep your blog plugin from being bloated with everyones requests. You simply provide the blogging capability and people can write plugins to that again.

Thanks that sounds like great idea , will re-look the project and identify parts that hooks can be applicable other than those that you have suggested

thanks
Hi there, just installed this plugin, was waiting for the news/blog functionality, thank you! I do have one question, I see how to insert the news and blog in the templates, but is there a distinction between news and blog in the plugin when creating a new post, or does the
I'm not sure why it did not get all of my post...or does the "news" link just display the latest blog posts?
jeanieb Wrote:Hi there, just installed this plugin, was waiting for the news/blog functionality, thank you! I do have one question, I see how to insert the news and blog in the templates, but is there a distinction between news and blog in the plugin when creating a new post, or does the

Good day. Sorry for late reply.

Basically it works as follows. You can create a group called news for example and then all blog entries under that I display differently to give idea that they are news entries, but you still have the power of the blog system to make them look nice (put pictures in etc.)

Hope I make sense. it comes down to everything is blogs, but if you use the news php code, it is displayed and handled differently to allow a controlled and nice news system all in one.
jeanieb Wrote:I'm not sure why it did not get all of my post...or does the "news" link just display the latest blog posts?

you can display the amount of news items to be shown via the Settings tab.
I still have to add better navigation if you click the show all news link.

hope I make sense
Oleg06 Wrote:http://neowebtime.ru/00/blog
cool, it works, now need to do to from the sidebar was a shift to a specific page and pagination

K. New version : 0.5

Added : Pagination for Blogs and News items on show all list (for both currently fixed to 6 in list)

Added : News Items to show on specific page or current page, can be configured via the Settings tab.

//***************
FILE REMOVED- look at end of forum
as something fun to work pagination
http://neowebtime.ru/0/blog?dblog_showal...itemblok=0
Oleg06 Wrote:as something fun to work pagination

So it works fine for you, happy ?
Just see if you have this entry in your language file ?

$dominion_blog_general['SETTINGS_NEWS_TARGET_PAGE'] = 'News Target Page';

is new one I added
dominionit Wrote:

No, this is very bad work
can remove the reference View all blog entries in the blog, leave pagination
Oleg06 Wrote:
dominionit Wrote:

No, this is very bad work

I see your problem. Will test this side.. with your web that you have send to me.
Oleg06 Wrote:can remove the reference View all blog entries in the blog, leave pagination

Will configurable in future. for now still the same, fix the issue with pagination. That is what happens if I code till 1 in the morning

Will upload soon
Oleg06 Wrote:can remove the reference View all blog entries in the blog, leave pagination

Here is the latest file version : 0.5a

Fixes : Pagination problem with blogs

Added : Config to on first blog click to first show summary of blogs or directly paginated blog page

Added : Language entry
$dominion_blog_general['SETTINGS_SHOW_BLOG_SUMMARY'] = 'Show blog summary page';