Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation Problem on 1&1
Hello all,

I just tried to install this cms as it seems to be exactyl what I am looking for. Now I encountered one problem, that as I read was encountered before, but solved. Not so in my case:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /homepages/16/d203806492/htdocs/fliese/admin/inc/common.php on line 17

I removed the temp from .htaccess and added:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

(only these 2 lines are inside now)

But the error does keep coming up....

Please advise, as I am not an experienced user.

Thanks
majo41
What version of PHP are you using? GetSimple needs at least PHP 5.2 to work correctly.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
How can I find out which version 1&1 is using? Would PHP6 work? I read somewhere, they already started to implement PHP6.

Thanks
majo41
PHP 6 is a bit of an odd ball. It has been moved to a separate branch within the PHP development servers. On top of that PHP.net only talks about 5.2 and 5.3.

You can create a file on your server, called phpinfo.php and put this inside it:
Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
If you visit this file in your web browser it will display all information about the server.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Hi,

OK, confirmed it as 5.2.14...
So it should be working. What am I doing wrong?
Any CHOMDs need to be set? Do I have to remove temp from temp.gsconfig?

Thanks
majo41
You’re not doing anything wrong, something in our code simply doesn’t seem to work with your server. You could go in to common.php line 17 (where the problem seems to be) and put // (double forward slash) in front of the line and it will be ignored.

I believe this will partly disable the XSS protection. This does not have to be a problem as long as you logout from the GetSimple admin panel when you’re done with your stuff.
I had the same problem. It's easy to fix though.
In your getSimple root add to the .htaccess

Code:
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

Then do the same in /admin
If you don't have an .htaccess file, just make one.
That should fix it. Big Grin

Note: After you install the app, it rewrites the htaccess file in the root. so you have to edit again.