Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Am I Going Wrong?
Pleases help.
Ive put the GetSimple folder in the public directory on my server but when I change details in the Admin control panel the changes arent reflected on the actual website.
Ive put all the files into GetSimple via the Admin control panel but when I view the GetSimple folder in the server, the files arent there.
A few questions:
Do I have to change the name of the GetSimple folder?
Do I have to put the site files in the GetSimple folder via the server?
Is GetSimple only to be used when you are building a whole new site?
Can someone please explain??
Thank you.
Alan.
Try turning on debug mode by removing the '#' at the start of line 28 in gsconfig.php and also have a look and see if anything has been recorded in data/other/logs/errorlog.txt
Vulch Wrote:Try turning on debug mode by removing the '#' at the start of line 28 in gsconfig.php and also have a look and see if anything has been recorded in data/other/logs/errorlog.txt

Vulch I looked in "failedlogins.log"
This is what was in it:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<channel><entry><date>Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:26:38 +0000</date><Username><![CDATA[Geoff]]></Username><IP_Address><![CDATA[217.23.226.218]]></IP_Address></entry><entry><date>Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:47:30 +0000</date><Username><![CDATA[Geoff]]></Username><IP_Address><![CDATA[217.23.226.34]]></IP_Address></entry><entry><date>Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:48:05 +0000</date><Username><![CDATA[Geoff]]></Username><IP_Address><![CDATA[217.23.226.34]]></IP_Address></entry><entry><date>Sat, 15 Jan 2011 14:09:50 +0000</date><Username><![CDATA[Geoff]]></Username><IP_Address><![CDATA[86.29.63.103]]></IP_Address></entry></channel>

Why am I failing to log in?
If you want to help the url is

http://www.palatinecomputerservices.co.u...ple/admin/

User name : Geoff
Password : skylark

NB- There is no important data in the site so I feel safe handing out the log in details.
Thanks Alan.
The basic setup looks OK, you'll find another failed login from me though as I managed to use a lower case G first time through.

On the one page that has content, "computer-repairs" you've pasted an entire raw XHTML page into the editor rather than just the content for that page. You let GetSimple and its theme deal with the header, footer and menu links that are essentially unchanged from page to page, all you need is the text in your "text_1" div.

I've made a new page, Repairs2, as an example using the text from that div.
Vulch,
Im still slightly confused, when you say theme, I get the impression that you cant use your own page design, that you have to use a page design which has already been made by GetSimple?
Am I right in assuming this?
I was using palatinecomputerrepairs as a "Tryout" as it is one of my own sites.
The site that will be needing a CMS when it is finished is located at the moment at www.aardesign.co.uk/TLC.
(BTW the text for the links is at an experimental stage at the moment!!!)
Will GetSimple be suitable for this site or should I be looking for a different CMS?
Thanks for your advice
Alan.
Your computer repair site is currently using the Cardinal theme that comes with GetSimple. The idea of any CMS is that the basic page layout is held in one place and the content of pages in another, the two are then combined to present the page to the viewer. This means changing the design of the site can be as simple as selecting a different theme, you could change your site to use Default_Simple instead of Cardinal just by selecting that in the Themes tab of the admin pages.

The TLC layout will need some work to change it into a useable theme, but that will apply no matter what CMS you go for.

Anthony
Thanks Anthony.
Alan