Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half defunct install page
Hello.

I tried installing GetSimple but got only to this half defunct install page:
[Image: getsimple.th.png]

I chmoded "data" and "backups" folders recursively to 777 to no avail...

Anyone's got any idea what's going on...?
What type of webserver software is being provided by your hosting ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
I am wondering why on installation page you posted there are no information about modules.
How did you upload all GS files into hosting account ?
Did you upload whole archive and extract it on the server, or uploaded all the files one by one from your computer ?
If you used second solution, make sure you have uploaded all files.
With this method you shouldn't need to change directory permissions, assuming that your ftp application creates directories with 775 attributes.
yojoe Wrote:How did you upload all GS files into hosting account ?
I FTPed the whole GetSimple directory after I unzipped the downloaded package localy...

yojoe Wrote:If you used second solution, make sure you have uploaded all files.
They're all there... I uploaded them like 3 times already and every time the same situation... Also I checked with the Total Commander folder synchronization tool... Local copy and remote one are identical...
yojoe Wrote:With this method you shouldn't need to change directory permissions, assuming that your ftp application creates directories with 775 attributes.
It doesn't... Anyway, I tried also installing on my local server and it kept bugging me to set them to 777 even when I did do so... Wink
File permissions: 644
directory permissions: 755 (my bad that I said 775)

I'm not sure if the owner isn't set to system user, and that's why no one can access those files.

Try with GS 2.04ß
yojoe Wrote:I'm not sure if the owner isn't set to system user, and that's why no one can access those files.
The owner is the FTP user (let say 'nowotny') and the server runs as 'www-data' (or something)... Anyway, since the specified directories are 777 it shouldn't matter who runs what, right...? Unless GetSimple actively checks for those permissions, which I don't believe is the case... Smile

Oh BTW, after opening that install page a file 'authorization.xml' showed up in 'data/other' directory with permissions 755 (which is kind of weird) and it has some API key inside...

yojoe Wrote:Try with GS 2.04ß
Does this go on top of 2.03 or is it standalone, cause it's significantly smaller...
It's a standalone instance, not a patch to 2.03 Wink
I also suggest to try again with 2.03, but in the way to upload archive, and extract in on the server (from under a shell account, or using a php exec or system command)
Ok... so I tried 2.04_265 and it works fine... I guess there's no sense in trying to fix 2.03... Smile Thanks...