Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Ignore the (site-wide theme) Mess
Matthew

You are correct it was out of line to bash someone else work.
Lord knows I still have much to learn about web design and not really qualified to judge others work.

Bob

OWS_Matthew Wrote:I have been reading this topic for a while now and I think Chris has done a great job with all of his replies.

@rfuller A couple things: 1st off, your not gonna get booted from the forum for voicing your opinion. (I ensure you if that was the case, Matt and several others would have been kicked a while back) I also agree with you in the way that I have seen many CMS's forked over the past few years and they never last. I hate to even here talk of forking around here, mainly because I have never worked with / been apart of a CMS that has such great support and community.

2nd I do however think this is not the place to start bashing on others work. Your welcome to have an opinion but we don't need to discuss is on this topic. Your welcome to email Matt and discuss your opinions or comment on one of his topics in the Threads section. This topic is specifically regarding our site makeover.

@matt I respect you for speaking your feelings regarding our site. However you do need to understand we support a wide variety of user not just you. I also ensure you that the length of some ones forum members ship does not justify their ability to post on the forums; you are rather new yourself. (Notice both of your titles are the same?) I hate to break it to you, but when I see your themes the first thing that comes to my mind is template monster.. This is my opinion, but I think your main reason for disliking the theme is you were not chosen to redesign the site.. Yes I may be completely wrong but that's how its coming across to me.. And if you truly would have never downloaded the CMS because of the site design that shows you judge a book by the cover,
and to be honest that's not a good way to go about life.

Now for my personal opinion, I think the new theme looks plenty professional and simple. All of the different pages flow smoothly and (correct me if I'm wrong) it gave more room for advertisers which will assist in the continued development of GetSimple. Overall I think it was a success.

Messages In This Thread
Please Ignore the (site-wide theme) Mess - by rfuller - 2011-03-07, 12:12:14