Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't get upload files to work properly
Hi there,
this is my first post in this forum and the first time I use getsimple: I'm amazed!
But I'm having a problem with the files upload.
I would like to use it to let my user upload images to insert in the gallery built in the theme I've chosen, but the upload is not working properly :-(
The upload itself seems to be allright, since the file is placed in the upload directory with chmod 755, but:
- in the back-end I can't see the image when I select it in the list (this means I can't see it nor clicking in the "original image" link and in the thumbnail creator)
- when there is an automatically created thumbnail I can see only the thumbnail but not the original image (my wish is to upload large image and create thumbnail through the backend)
- when i link directly the image i get a 500 error message

I then suspected a problem with .htaccess but since I'm not very comfortable with that I just tried deleting it, but ending in a "Forbidden" error.
Could it be because I'm on a windows host?

Thank you for your help,

Giorgio
it might be b/c of the windows host... does that host have Apache installed?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
About the webserver that my host is using, unfortunately I can find only old/incomplete infos, but probably it is IIS.

That is probably the problem :-S

But if it is, why deleting .htaccess would change anything? Could it mean that the webserver is apache?