Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uploadify update to v3 beta
Here's a patch for GetSimple r347, which updates Uploadify to latest version (3 beta) and fixes some issues. This patch is intended only for testing. Unzip contents and overwrite /admin directory. If no issues will be found I hope it will be included in GetSimple.
This works great! I think these are things that need to be fixed within GS, and not your update though (listing them here so i don't forget).

I think that this can be submitted to the SVN now because it is clearly better than what we have now.
  • Ability to create new folders
  • Thumbnail creation doesn't work for new folders
  • Do a better job at showing that a subfolder is actually a folder - use icon or indent to show folder structure (maybe use what pages.php does)
  • Someone mentioned on these forums that the thumbnail links on image.php don't work. Verify they work ok
  • i18n the button text
  • verify that GSNOUPLOADIFY still works (gsconfig.php setting to turn off Uploadify)
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Great. I'll commit the code to SVN immediately. Thumbnails actually are created, but not displayed - needs a small fix in upload.php to set correct path.
About creating new folders - should it be a navigation style button in sidebar or something a bit different (e.g. standard button near folder breadcrumb path)? What about deleting folders? Maybe allow deleting only empty ones?
It might be a good idea to have php script file for keeping all file related functions - creating folders, deleting files, checking for existing files, etc. What do you think?
it's probably a good idea to create something like that, but then again, the whole site runs on "Files" (xml or otherwise), so it might be a moot point.

i like the "add folder" beside the breadcrumb path... it makes perfect sense there b/c you would be creating a new folder within the folder you see in the crumb.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!