Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Management (For Multi-User Feature - 3.0B)
I have created a 'User Management' script to manage & create users in version 3.0B. It crawls through the 'users' folder and puts the filenames in an array. It then uses the 'simplexml' function in php to grab the data from each user's xml file.

Some of the coding i wrote and some I scrapped from existing getsimple code.

Features:
*Displays each user's username, email, & language in a box on the 'settings.php' page.
Has edit button next to each user for quick and easy changes to the username, email, password, html editor, etc..

*Add New User button (also on 'settings.php' page) which when clicked on, expands a form to easily add a new user.

Note: I did my best to make sure everything is secure, however I am some what of a novice with php, so any help making the script better will be much appreciated.
Also if anyone has any pointers on settings into a plugin, that would be great as well.

Screenshots:

User's display:
[Image: User-Edit.JPG]

Edit User:
[Image: Edit-User2.jpg]

Add New User:
[Image: Add-User.JPG]

Features that will be added:
*I will be adding a permissions system (working on now) which will allow only certain functions to be available to users.. You will be able to decide these features on the 'edit user' section of the 'settings.php' page.
*I will also be adding a 'User Profile' page which each user can create, which would have information about them (ex: for a client of mine he wants his employees to be able to manage their own profile page which is viewable to the public. With this feature, that is the only allowance the user would have.

Installation:
-You must drag the following 2 files into the 'admin' folder:
-- 'editxml.php'
-- 'readxml.php'
-You then must copy the coding from 'settings-coding.php' into the 'settings.php' page in your desired spot.

This is not suppose to be a perfected script!! Use at your own risk, I am posting this because it is a project I am working on, and I do not believe anything like exists for getsimple yet. So far I have not run into any bugs or issues with it at its present state.

Again, I appreciate any assistance, suggestions
Mikeh, I must say that this looks great! The interface looks perfect and like it's part of the core. I however don't think you attached any of the files...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Screenies looks great, but as CC mentioned, they're just screenies...
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
ccagle8 Wrote:Mikeh, I must say that this looks great! The interface looks perfect and like it's part of the core. I however don't think you attached any of the files...

Damn, sorry I thought the 'add file' button was to add an additional file. Here it is.
Mike, i think it looks real promising! If it was to become a plugin (there are a lot of developers here that are real familiar with what needs to be done in order to make that happen)

Also, I know Matthew_OWS has been working on a multi-user plugin for quite some time - not sure where he is on it, but maybe you two could team up and provide one kickass plugin for this.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Great! I would be more then willing to collaborate with Matt.

Just curious, Did you find any security vulnerabilities or obvious issues with the script?
I will definitely test this when I get home and see if I can assist you in turning it into a plugin.

My plugin works, but not completely functional.

Plus your script looks 86% better!
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I have this converted into a plugin now.

I am working on various user permission controls now, when I am finished with that I will post this in the Repository.
It should take only another day or so.
I can help you with the rest if you will send me your current code to matt@get-simple.info
JWH Technologies
Update:

I have figured out a basic permissions system which would allow for hiding certain features for certain users.
(ex: one user might not have permissions to anything but 'edit page', while another might not be able to access settings, themes, plugins, support, or backups)

It works flawlessly but it was done with several edits to the admin template pages (as well as some others).
My big challenge is including it in a plugin, and it is proving to be fairly difficult, but I am on the right track.

If I do not finish the plugin in a couple days, I will send the code over to Matt and see if he can help.
Depending on your changes to the core, you may want to post them up pretty quickly as we could add more plugin hooks if necessary before v.3.0 is released..
JWH Technologies
This is awesome,

1 question, will this have the ability for a personal page they can view with info a admin can add to it, example would be i have clients who sign up would they be able to view a page that lists all the services they have?
Adam,

why not test yourself? That's the best way to find out if it is fitting your needs...
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18