Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parsing A Page
For the last 4 hours I have been trying to parse a local page from getsimple, (ex: http://test.com/about-me/)..
I have been unsuccessful in figuring it out due to the fact apache is probably looking at it as a directory rather then a file.

My goal is to have a 'Generate Global Header' link which will parse a certain page and grab the coding from the starting '<html>' tag, down to a certain stopping point.
It would then save that to a file which would be used in a third party system as a global header include.

I know this has to be possible someway.

Any suggestions?
by local do you mean localhost? I've always had trouble referencing other directories when using localhost in the past.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I meant the php script to parse it needs to be on the same server as the getsimple installation.. I probably phrased that a bit wrong.
what message are you getting back?

What if you try the non-fancy url structure? mydomain.com/index.php?id=about-me
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:what message are you getting back?

I'm not getting anything back, its just not parsing the page.

ccagle8 Wrote:What if you try the non-fancy url structure? mydomain.com/index.php?id=about-me
I have also tried that, and it still does not parse it.
are you using file_get_contents() or cURL?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:file_get_contents()
file_get_contents() , I briefly tried curl as well

I also attempted to use the Simple HTML Dom

What would be the best method?