Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When editing pages, the editor disappears.
About 50% of the time I have no access to edit any of my pages. See here: [Image: 25z719f.png]

It seems to randomly correct itself, but this makes my site pretty useless.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
ive never seen this - what os/browser are you using?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:ive never seen this - what os/browser are you using?

Using a dreamhost web account.

Running win7 here and this occurs with Firefox 4, Chrome and IE9.
Now, the editor is showing up empty, but I am able to edit the source.

The source is also different from what is showing up on the website. It has saved my changes, but it doestn' seem to be propagating to the live site.

Edit: It will also disappear for one page, but be there for another, randomly.

This is on a brand new install as well where everything went perfect.
as the editor is an included tool, but not originary GetSimple, maybe you can find more information at the support forum of CKEditor

Did you check the forum there whether these phenomens occur in other implementations as well?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks Connie. I'll try check there.

Is there a way to disable CKEditor in GetSimple?
Okay, NoScript has at least allowed me to edit the source directly, but another issue now seems to be happing that I described above.

My page is updated and I get the "Your changes to walking-tour have been saved", but it doesn't change the actual page. All of the html is different and when I edit the page in the admin it shows the updated html...but no dice on the actual site!!

Any suggestions. This doesn't seem to have anything to do with CDEditor.
what if you turn off the HTML Editor inside the Settings page?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Oh, of course. lol

Yeah, that works to disable it. It won't be too difficult to install a standalone visual editor in a sub directory. That way I will still have online access to a visual editor. Just have to cut and paste.

The saving issue seemed confined to the single page. I deleted it, created a new page and don't have problems. Is this an issue that has cropped up before? I'll hit the search button when I get home to investigate more. I would hate to have this happen when the site gets more complex though and it is not so simple to just delete a page and start over.
well, not sure if this makes you feel any better or not - but Ive never heard of either of those problems before. Good luck!
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:well, not sure if this makes you feel any better or not - but Ive never heard of either of those problems before. Good luck!

I'm not sure either. haha. The saving issue definetly does. I'll keep searching and hacking away at the other and post back if I ever find a solution.
Try firstly with debug mode, and if you won't see any error messages in admin panel, look inside log file.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I have the same issue with CKEditor. If HTML Editor is turned on in Setting I don't see edit part of page as on nmr screenshot. I've tried to update CKEditor but there is no effect. I'm using Win7, FF4/IE9. There is no error lof file in debug mode, so I assume GS doesn't see any problem Smile
please tell us the result of the health check which you find under

support / first steps / health check
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
The error is the ziparchive.
It is also giving me a "Warning: GetSimple Upgrade needed to 3.0" even though I am running 3.0. Still having the same editor issues.

[Image: 116nbzn.png]
nmr Wrote:The error is the ziparchive.
It is also giving me a "Warning: GetSimple Upgrade needed to 3.0" even though I am running 3.0. Still having the same editor issues.

[Image: 116nbzn.png]

1) ask your hoster to install the ziparchive modul, will be no big action for them

2) ignore the update-warning, that is a known small glitch ;=(
|--

Try with tinymce editor plugin (for GS 3.0)
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/tinymce/143/
If it won't work, there's something wrong with your config or paths.

What options did you turn on in gsconfig file ?
Do you use friendly urls, and added/changed any rewrite rules in htaccess ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
health check has passed without any error. Turning on/off friendly urls doesn't change anything. I don't make any changes in htaccess. I didn't turn any options in gs configfile only switch debug mode on. When I've installed TimyMCE I'm getting source version of page both if I switch html editor on or off in settings. Should I do something more according to install this plugin?
mujeha Wrote:health check has passed without any error. Turning on/off friendly urls doesn't change anything. I don't make any changes in htaccess. I didn't turn any options in gs configfile only switch debug mode on. When I've installed TimyMCE I'm getting source version of page both if I switch html editor on or off in settings. Should I do something more according to install this plugin?

which server you are on?
which php version?

we should have more info, that healthcheck is ok is not enough info for us ;=)
|--

I also asked my hosting provider to install the ziparchive modul, he is recommended to rent a server from them, I changed hosting Smile
Connie Wrote:
mujeha Wrote:health check has passed without any error. Turning on/off friendly urls doesn't change anything. I don't make any changes in htaccess. I didn't turn any options in gs configfile only switch debug mode on. When I've installed TimyMCE I'm getting source version of page both if I switch html editor on or off in settings. Should I do something more according to install this plugin?

which server you are on?
which php version?

we should have more info, that healthcheck is ok is not enough info for us ;=)

Sure, I'm attaching screenshot. I'm hosting page on az.pl, it fit Wordpress perfectly so I think it's no problem with host, what do you think?
The health check looks good, don't know what can be the reason

or better said: I have no idea ;=(
|--