Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first GetSimple website
finally, i've finished this project:

http://www.samarkanda.pl/

the website uses two themes which can be switched at will. they don't differ much.
one is brighter and little bit simplier than the other. i don't know which one
will be enabled when you go there Wink
the website is tested for bugs right now

what's used:

- getsimple 3.0: modified to support polish characters when creating folders. full names are preserved independent of actual folder name.
- the photo gallery plugin: modified to allow custom galleries list which can be sorted and edited by user, gallery covers, different thumbnail sizes
- extended news manager modified to allow custom order and high priority news (always on top)
- custom options plugin to set some website specific options
- simple page content plugin
- some minor changes to above plugins to work better with pretty urls (i hope so) Smile
that is interesting!

a very consistent style and beautiful women, I love this kind of dance, even when I doubt that this kind of style has some relation with Samarkand .. but that is artistic freedom ;=)

you write you did some changes to folder names:

"modified to support polish characters when creating folders"

can you explain that?

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks for comments Wink

While they dancing some kind of oriental dance they wanted some retro-look website.
so its turn out as some kind of mix Wink

as for the polish characters the idea is painfuly simple and probably not so good but it was very needed
and since my php skills are rather low this was the best at the moment.

i'm creating simple xml file inside each folder which contains the fullname inside the CDATA tag
to avoid any problems. whenever i need fullname i just append "/fullname.xml" to actual
path

this is mostly used by the photo gallery plugin.

i have also changed the way names are striped from any unsupported characters.
normaly when you have word such as this : "łękołody" you would get: "koody" but its looking much better like this: "lekolody". this is much more readable and for most will be as good as the original one.
Wow, this is one of the most artistic site I've seen. How long did it take to you create the site? Do you take custom projects also?
Are you for hire?
Sorry for late reply, been little busy Smile

phpsns Wrote:Wow, this is one of the most artistic site I've seen. How long did it take to you create the site? Do you take custom projects also?

The whole project start in March. In this time i have created the logo (actually a few of them Wink, few test layouts and we had to wait for photo shooting.

Putting it all together took about one and a half month including changes to the CMS/plugins.

LGT Wrote:Are you for hire?

Well it all depends what exactly is needed.