Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multilanguage support
Pat64 - is this a revised version from brian's last post?

Good point about the dates, I never thought of that. As for the accesskeys, there is nothing saying that the key needs to be displayed in the text. If the accesskey for a particular link is 'a', a doesn't need to be in the text, it just makes it easier for the end user to know what key to use when using them.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:Pat64 - is this a revised version from brian's last post?

Chris, yes it is Smile

Ok for the accesskeys. We can translate all navigation menu now.

Cheers,
Patrick.
Pat64 Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:Pat64 - is this a revised version from brian's last post?

Chris, yes it is Smile

I think not because it's written: "Attachment icon fr_FR.php.txt 16.23 kb, file has never been downloaded. "

Best regards

PS: Please Pat, recheck my lastest version (I have found errors in yours)
@Chris.

What do you think about this?
Code:
<?php
/****************************************************
* @File:       header.php
* @Package:    GetSimple
* @Action:     Template file for inserting the
*              header into the control panel.    
*****************************************************/
global $LANG;
$LANG = preg_replace('/(?:(?<=([a-z]{2}))).*/', '', $LANG);
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php echo $LANG; ?>" lang="<?php echo $LANG; ?>">

A better solution could be to add the language code into each language file as this:
Code:
<?php

$i18n = array(

"LANG_CODE"                => "fr-FR",

Best regards,
Patrick.
Ok i'll do POLISH translation.

Jeśli ktoś chciałby pomóc prosze pisać na kotos00 (maupka) gmail.com
kotos.net - webdesign / dtp / graphics / photography
@pat64- I like it
@kotos - Thank you... i look forward to seeing it
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
For those of you looking to contribute here, this is the list of translators I have so far. If at all possible, I would like two people per translation as I cannot double check these languages myself and a second set of eyes can never hurt.

new language pack download: http://www.box.net/shared/v9gd0kovvb

FRENCH - Pat64 & Brian
ESPANOL - cokeramirez
CZECH - someone
SLOVAK - someone
GERMAN - maybe Hakan or wizzy, but noone has come forward and said Yes yet.
POLISH - kotos
RUSSIAN - vsky
ITALIAN - vsky
SIMPLIFIED CHINESE - maybe yiyiwang
DUTCH - maybe eddyfever
ROMANIAN - maybe tomcat
- Chris

@Chris. Thx.

I had some experience about OpenSource Software translation (on TypolightWebCms). Just an idea: do you think it's possible to you to create a web area where translators could share their work on their own translation files. So, you could grab the latest versions for your future releases

@Brian. I send you an email to share our work and advices on translation.

Cheers,
Patrick.
@Chris.

What do you think about this:
Code:
<?php
/****************************************************
* @File:       include-nav.php
* @Package:    GetSimple
* @Action:     Template file for inserting the top navigation into the control panel.    
*****************************************************/
?>

<?php if (cookie_check($cookie_name) != 'FALSE') {
        echo '<ul id="pill"><li class="leftnav"><a href="logout.php" accesskey="l" >'.$i18n['TAB_LOGOUT'].'</a></li><li class="rightnav" ><a href="settings.php#profile">'.$i18n['WELCOME'].' <b>'.cookie_check($cookie_name).'</b>!</a></li></ul>';
} ?>

<ul class="nav">
    <li><a class="pages" href="pages.php" title="<?php echo $i18n['TAB_PAGES_TOOLTIP'];?>" accesskey="p" ><?php echo $i18n['TAB_PAGES'];?></a></li>
    <li><a class="files" href="upload.php" title="<?php echo $i18n['TAB_FILES_TOOLTIP'];?>" accesskey="f" ><?php echo $i18n['TAB_FILES'];?></a></li>
    <li><a class="theme" href="theme.php" title="<?php echo $i18n['TAB_THEME_TOOLTIP'];?>" accesskey="t" ><?php echo $i18n['TAB_THEME'];?></a></li>
    <li><a class="backups" href="backups.php" title="<?php echo $i18n['TAB_BACKUPS_TOOLTIP'];?>" accesskey="b" ><?php echo $i18n['TAB_BACKUPS'];?></a></li>
    <li class="rightnav" ><a class="settings first" href="settings.php" title="<?php echo $i18n['TAB_SETTINGS_TOOLTIP'];?>" accesskey="s" ><?php echo $i18n['TAB_SETTINGS'];?></a></li>
    <li class="rightnav" ><a class="support last" href="support.php" title="<?php echo $i18n['TAB_SUPPORT_TOOLTIP'];?>" accesskey="o" ><?php echo $i18n['TAB_SUPPORT'];?></a></li>
</ul>

As you can see $i18n['TAB_SUPPORT_TOOLTIP'] entry had been added within my French file. IMUO for many case, the default accesskeys can't render exactly the corresponding letters for many languages.

Best regards,
Patrick.
@pat64 - it's a good idea for the online area for the translations... kristjanmik also mentioned it before. I could probably code something once everything settles down... i can't imagine it would be too hard.

As for the tooltips... maybe... but there are alot of accesskeys we would have to do this for, and I don't want to add any more length to the lang files than i need to right now.... maybe the better option is to have a help doc outlining the accesskey for each function.
- Chris

@Chris.

You're right for the tooltips: an help doc is better Smile

For translation workflow: don't spend your time on a complex solution. Perhaps you could create a specific forum area to keep all latest language versions. Place your latest dev English file in a sticky topic. Just (automaticly) email all contributers when you need new language translations and give a suffisant dead line to work on it.

Thx for the new date format: it's so cool man!

I'm in contact with Brian. We work on a new French version.

Best regards,
Patrick.
I can lend a hand on the Dutch translation. IF anyone was doing a Swedish translation I’d hop in, but currently I’m to busy to write that one as it wouldn’t be my native tongue.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Why don't choose the language just before the installation? I think that's could be more user friendly for people who don't speak english.
brian - i was thinking that too... im glad someone else brought it up. I will work on it
- Chris

@Chris.

I found some improvements within 2 core files:

File "admin/upload.php" line #83:

$filesArray[$count]['date'] = @date('M j, Y',$ss['ctime'])
could be changed by
$filesArray[$count]['date'] = @date($i18n['DATE_FORMAT'],$ss['ctime']);

File "admin/support.php" line #84:

<h3>Viewing Logs</h3>

could be changed by

<h3><?php echo $i18n['VIEWING'].' '.$i18n['LOG_FILE'];?></h3>

Now I'd made an error. The xml:lang MUST be like this:

global $LANG;
$LANG = preg_replace('/_/', '-', $LANG);

This is fine for the back-office header... but could you find a solution for the front-office files? GetSimple need a xml:lang into its DOCTYPE too Wink

Best regards,
Patrick.
@chris
I am currently working on the german translation (about 70% through).
Hopefully I will finish it by the end of the week.
Regards, Hakan
Thanks Hakan

Thanks Pat - I will make those changes asap.
- Chris

@Chris.

Brian and I are Ok for a final French translation. Finaly we had chosen to convert the file into utf-8 text encoding format.

We had added some PHPdoc header into the file with:
- Translators names
- Status for the file (Pending or Final)
- Date of the file and the revision date too.

Come on Brian. We are waitting for your file Big Grin

Cheers,
Patrick.
It's done.
@Brian.

Yeah. A good and quick work! The French team is the best Big Grin
Patrick.
Thanks guys - Good idea on the comment header. I will get that on the other ones too. - A new language pack download will be available on the download site in a few hours. You will be able to tell by the timestamp when I get to it.
- Chris

Polish version done.
kotos.net - webdesign / dtp / graphics / photography
Thanks kotos!
- Chris

Ready to translate in italian...
Hakan Wrote:@chris
I am currently working on the german translation (about 70% through).
Hopefully I will finish it by the end of the week.
Regards, Hakan

Hi Hakan,
how far are you - in case you can not finish I can jump in for the german Translation - have some time the next days..
BR, wizzy