Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin login problem
Hello all,

I have been working on a development copy of GetSimple 3.0 with no problems until today. When I now try to login in to admin I keep being directed back to the login screen. I turned debug on and received the following error messages:

[18-Jun-2011 03:35:51] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(/home/mydomain/public_html/getsimple30/data/other/user.xml) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tosdwebc/public_html/getsimple30/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

[18-Jun-2011 03:35:51] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/mydomain/public_html/getsimple30/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

The first message refers to data/other/user.xml which apparently cannot be opened, and I am not surprised, because it is not there - but it is not there in another working copy I have either. Very confusing.

I have tried re-setting passwords using the forgotten password link but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is not a new installation. The problem seemed to 'just appear' out of nowhere.
The PHP warning is triggered by the p01-contact plugin. GetSimple itself should no longer be trying to get the contents of user.xml but p01-contact still does.

What happens if you disable the p01-contact plugin?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thank you for your suggestion Zegnat.

I can't disable the plugin as such because I can't access admin. I tried deleting it but then the events plugin started reporting problems and I still couldn't login.

In the end I re-installed and all is well again. The disturbing thing is why this happened in the first place.
Hi Zegnat

All though it's not at all as serious as by tosd, I'm experiencing problems as well. This is what debug mode spat out:

'Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /volume1/web/outsite9/admin/inc/basic.php on line 239 Warning: file_get_contents(/volume1/web/outsite9/data/other/user.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/outsite9/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /volume1/web/outsite9/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

It seem to be the same lines in both basic.php as in p01-contact_gs.php that is causing some problems, so who should be made aware of this issue in order to correct it? And what is causing it?

Thx
emenick Wrote:This is what debug mode spat out:
Code:
Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /volume1/web/outsite9/admin/inc/basic.php on line 239
Warning: file_get_contents(/volume1/web/outsite9/data/other/user.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/outsite9/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /volume1/web/outsite9/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69
The first warning is triggered when GetSimple tries to save something and CHMOD it. I don’t know when you’re getting this and how your server is configured (if it allows CHMOD) so I can’t tell you why this is showing up.

The other two lines are caused by p01-contact_gs.php trying to read user.xml even though it no longer exists in GetSimple.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I often have the same problem. Deleting the cookies fixes it for me.