Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static sites w/ GS - speed & security. "GetSimpler"
Connie Wrote:I'd like to discuss the cons and pros of such a scenario, so that I might understand that request better:

1)
I doubt that a small static site will load faster than a small xml site ...

6 HTML files <=> 6 XML files, will there be a noticeable difference?

2)
in such a scenario: admin-area will be gone, plugins will still work?
how to configure image galleries, add images etc.?

3)
how to update pages? Start the old story again, with editing offline and upload ?

4)

the fear that such a system will be "bugged" by the users / clients ...
- we have multi-user-plugin with restricted profiles
- you can place the admin area in some subdirectory so that it is hidden, even to the user/client

All the advantages of ContentManagement will be lost ...
I just see disadvantages in relation to ContentManagement

in case you do not want ContentManagement, why not use a plain HTML-editor and upload?
Just like I did since 1993?
Back to the roots?

so, give me some enlightment, maybe there are really reasons for that and I am just blind ;=)

Cheers, Connie

Connie. Different people have different needs, and this is a need that is there,. To update you just enable the plugin and click on the sites and it gets regenerated for you. Plugins generate html content thus those content is saved , thus plugin no so much required except for its javascript and css it exposes.

And the XML gets parsed, goes via a process to get there. plain html page gets read by the server and streamed. It goes about server performance is that little less. admin area not really required, thus can hide that (except if some plugins have javascript ajax calls that calls php pages that requires admin area).

thus basically, it is something that somebody can use if they want and require it without having a effect on GS at all. Thus I dont see the problem with this ?
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.

Messages In This Thread
Static sites w/ GS - speed & security. "GetSimpler" - by dominionit - 2011-07-19, 19:24:11