Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi Domain with Get Simple?
Hello Everybody,

I'm a student in communication, and i created an association to federate us or help each other.
In this goal, i would like to offer them a website if they want, but we are several hundred ^^

So, in order to update and manage easily i thought about 2 options :
  • wordpress mu with multi domain option, but wp is heavy, lot of parameters
  • get simple, which is light, do what i want, and it's suffisant for my friend, they don't need the big wordpress, but the problem is the multi domain

Why i want multi domain? because the website created will be the most often portfolio, or online cv with domain name, and create each time is really busy.

So, do you think is it possible to use get simple with a multi domain option?

Maybe a developer knows how to do this?

Thanks a lot Smile
multi-domain is something that I dont think the current setup is able to do... I do know of a few guys on this forum that have setup GS is used for a lot of different people, but i believe it works more like a copy of GS instead of one standard installation that works for a lot of people.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
El-Cherubin Wrote:Hello Everybody,

Why i want multi domain? because the website created will be the most often portfolio, or online cv with domain name, and create each time is really busy.

Thanks a lot Smile
\
Hi there, is it going to be multi domain strictly like www.qqqqq.com and wwww.tttt.com OR
is it subdomains on the main domain like
peter.mycv.com
sandra.mycv.com ?

If subdomains one can maybe look at a solution to this but this is just theory for now.

just wondering

|Johannes
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
El-Cherubin Wrote:Hello Everybody,

I'm a student in communication, and i created an association to federate us or help each other.
In this goal, i would like to offer them a website if they want, but we are several hundred ^^

So, in order to update and manage easily i thought about 2 options :
  • wordpress mu with multi domain option, but wp is heavy, lot of parameters
  • get simple, which is light, do what i want, and it's suffisant for my friend, they don't need the big wordpress, but the problem is the multi domain

So, do you think is it possible to use get simple with a multi domain option?

Maybe a developer knows how to do this?

Thanks a lot Smile

hi there. this might help you.

Quote:http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2265/...te-plugin/
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Hello !

Thanks for all your answers.
I will precise a little what i want.

It's not subdomain but separated domain because on paper CV it's more appreciate, that show
El-Cherubin Wrote:Hello !

Thanks for all your answers.
I will precise a little what i want.

It's not subdomain but separated domain because on paper CV it's more appreciate, that show

K 100%, this new solution in above link can handle subdomain and multi domain together,