Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme selector Advance - Central Themes
Good day.

This is a new GS 3 and also new concept theme selector. This allows one to have themese on a central
server and all sites will view the themes on that server, when you select a theme it gets downloaded
and installed and activated on your box.

currently it works from my server as it is still in testing. I still have to add some features and options as it currently installs it always under ThemeSelector but somebody might want each theme on its own, thus then I will give option later to or have 1 theme for the downloaded them (will get overwritten if new one selected)
or to download each theme on its own (can waist space).

I will also later add option to select a theme server. But first want it stable before I add that.

Please have it a look how it works please speed etc.

To access it go to themes and Select Adv Theme Selector. then view the themes and select the one
you like, it will be downloaded and activated for you.

Thanks

Johannes Pretorius
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
in the site root page is empty(http://chaga-mushroom.com/olegsv/load.ph...or-advance) and the folder(http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/admin/load.p...or-advance)
Code:
Warning: require_once(/home/p30318/www/chaga-mushroom.com/1/plugins/dominion-it-shared/dominion-common.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/p30318/www/chaga-mushroom.com/1/plugins/themes-selector-advance.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/p30318/www/chaga-mushroom.com/1/plugins/dominion-it-shared/dominion-common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/lib/php') in /home/p30318/www/chaga-mushroom.com/1/plugins/themes-selector-advance.php on line 33
Did not include my common shared folder I use between all my plugins, please use this file. it has the correct and updated shared file included.

thanks for testing
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
in selecting the theme line appears
Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/p30318/www/chaga-mushroom.com/1/admin/load.php:27) in /home/p30318/www/chaga-mushroom.com/1/plugins/themes-selector-advance.php on line 75
and from the theme come from?
Oleg06 Wrote:in selecting the theme line appears
Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/p30318/www/chaga-mushroom.com/1/admin/load.php:27) in /home/p30318/www/chaga-mushroom.com/1/plugins/themes-selector-advance.php on line 75

Thank I know what that is, it is when I want to try and redirect you. will have to make a other plan around that, maybe do ob_start in theme start etc..will see and fix thanks. I cant get it on my machine, no why I can get onto your machine anyway to test ?.

The themes come from my server.

www.dominion-it.co.za

still developing that, when done , will give server side stuff also and how it must work
but first need to get basics to work

thanks
Oleg06 Wrote:in selecting the theme line appears
Code:

Thanks, okay fixed now in 0.1a
This will also make sure that current theme is not unnecessary downloaded again
and active theme from central list is shown in diff color.

Thanks for your help and time.
ok it works
Oleg06 Wrote:ok it works

Thank you, will add added features.

Do you think this will work as option for a central theme system ?

thanks

Johannes
may add the ability to download themes from any server
Oleg06 Wrote:may add the ability to download themes from any server

Yes that is what is coming next. I am going to add a server name to query under themes and under
plugins you can input the server name. I will also give the server side and info next. just wanted the basis to work.

Thanks

Johannes
Make sure you add a check to see if ZipArchive is available before doing any extracts... i do the check in /admin/zip.php (look at the SVN copy) if you want to see how i do it.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:Make sure you add a check to see if ZipArchive is available before doing any extracts... i do the check in /admin/zip.php (look at the SVN copy) if you want to see how i do it.

Thanks yes, will add that and allow url passthru I also need for the json data,.

will add these checks and notes on final version, needed the base concept to work.

thanks for hint and input

Johannes
Oleg06 Wrote:may add the ability to download themes from any server

Okay new version 0.1b
This has the server side also included with a readmen.txt file to explain how to setup the
the server (dont have admin page yet, must do theme zips and folders by hand ,but is easy
and quick).

This new version will
A) allow multiple theme servers to be selected from and setup as you require.
B) give option to or have 1 local theme for selected themes (to save space) or to make a copy of each theme selected locally.

If there are any suggestions please give. Idea in future is to have a central theme server and a option to buy themes from theme selector.

K, thanks.

Johannes
think happened, I replaced the line 122 the site address and all
Code:
$curThemeURL = 'http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/server'; //last default no config yet.
Oleg06 Wrote:think happened, I replaced the line 122 the site address and all
Code:
$curThemeURL = 'http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/server'; //last default no config yet.

so it is working for you ?

Does the config make sense where you can add multiple theme servers ?

And does the Readme make sense in the zip file for the server ?
My English getting wors by they day Big Grin

thanks

Johannes