Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
www.scaftex.pl - scaffolding company
I created lately a website for small scaffolding company.
http://www.scaftex.pl

plugins used: i18n (navi, gallery), newsmanager, gmaps,

Costed me lot of time with GS3.1 on WAMP.
Believe me, always develop websites on LAMP.
Will save you nerves and precious time Wink

rusztowania szalunki montaż rusztowań wynajem rusztowań
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
great looking site! is there any pointers you can give to other WAMP users that might be helpful? (Wiki or just quick pointers here?)
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
@yoyoe, what problems did you have with wamp??

I do all my GS development on WAMP and don't have any problems....
My Github Repos: Github
Look into newsmanager plugin topic. There are problems with date function, and I posted this thing in GS3.1 beta thread. I had to put somewhere (in gsconfig or theme file) date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Warsaw'); as a default timezone.

On WAMP there are dozen problems with paths, because windows uses backslashes in URIs.
There are some php handy php functions for it (ordinary method is to use regular expressions to change \ into / ) but they do not always work as supposed.
The more $_SERVER vars work strangely in some cases.

Working on a website without additional plugins on localhost WAMP server doesn't cause annyoying problems. But working with own code to grab or load certain data, leads to many problems.

I had to ask for help couple times, but when I moved website to production server, everything worked at a glance, and I felt like a complete sucker after wasting hours to find out wth is wrong :/
Now I 'm a bit wiser, and I'm going to move from WAMP to VM with small linux distro and LAMP.

I'll try to grab all my experiences with websites I made under WAMP.
But I'm feeling that wiki started to be too chaotic to find useful hints.

ps. thx for positive opinion Wink
haha..... Yeah sorry bud ...

site looks great ....

wasn't too fond of the font used in the body text, but i think google translate might be just bunching it too close together once its translated to english....

8)
My Github Repos: Github
I wanted to use two @font-faces, but 'play' font looked pretty fine not only for headers.
Seems that google translate doesn't use embed font faces, thus font face looks badly with disabled jscript.

Wanted as well to use jscript to scroll sidemenu vertically , but after going to the bottom of page, menu was sliding below browser window. Funny behaviour Smile
WAMP may cause some issues with default config of Windows environment variables. A better option is XAMPP all the way. Have never had an issue with development of GS CMS.
connellhunte Wrote:WAMP may cause some issues with default config of Windows environment variables. A better option is XAMPP all the way. Have never had an issue with development of GS CMS.

I used xampp years ago, and I'm currently using vertrigo.
But virtualbox + e.g. DSL (or other small linux distro) + lamp should work pretty well.

Still not much time to switch into such environment Sad