Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you test your "Get Simple" theme?
How do you deal with Get Simple once you get it online. "Where" do you put it online for testing and customization so that no one else can see it until you're ready for the world to take notice?
I'm a "take it on and learn" kind of person and this is my first foray into cms. I've got two systems installed so I can play with the look etc. (in this case play = learning). I figured this was the way for me to learn to make a custom template/look. Is this the way it is "done"?
Any suggestions for a better work system in regards to developing custom looks and themes?

thanks
That’s exactly how it’s done.

GetSimple is made to be, much as the name says, simple. So it does not include any preview options or test options anywhere. Some people might see this as a problem, but overall it just makes the system smaller and so much easier to use once you’ve set it up.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I agree - that's how I do it too
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
thanks to all
off to work on some themes
cheers
Deb