Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help-SOLVED] Transferring a GS Website to A new Host - No Design?
Hi there!
After finishing up my Client Care Website, I finally found a good host for it which supports PHP...
Now, the first time I took all the files as they are and copied to the new host - it half worked but with no design (didn't load the CSS?)
BUT - after replacing ALL the wrong URLs and reuploading the content - it still wasn't reading the CSS!
Did I miss something?
The new address:
thedragoncare.oliwy.net
http://Blog.TDT-Alpha.com/
(Website will be replaced soon, with an image database made with GS)
Seems that I forgot that there's a "Website URL" in the settings, changed that.
Ohh... Forgot that on other servers than mine there's "File Permissions" XD Fixed that, too.
And it's not working, after changed almost the whole website to CHMOD 777 it still says:
Quote:Error: Unable to continue: Unable to write config file. CHMOD 777 the folders /data, /backups and their sub-folders and retry
And won't change the base URL...

EDIT:
It WAS changed, and it's working but still says the above error every time I change something XD
TDT-Alpha Wrote:Seems that I forgot that there's a "Website URL" in the settings, changed that.
Ohh... Forgot that on other servers than mine there's "File Permissions" XD Fixed that, too.
And it's not working, after changed almost the whole website to CHMOD 777 it still says:
Quote:Error: Unable to continue: Unable to write config file. CHMOD 777 the folders /data, /backups and their sub-folders and retry

EDIT:
It WAS changed, and it's working but still says the above error every time I change something XD

hi there, was this now basically a fresh install or did you do the site on your machine and zip it over ?
Just interested to know if you want you can zip and send me the file. i will pm you my mail address and I can load onto my server and test for you, I host a few GS sites, have not run into this before but can try and help. Maybe somebody else have seen it, but first for me
tx

(if was zip and copy, have you tried doing a clean GS install first, and then copy your pages files and theme over afterwards ? )
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
dominionit Wrote:
TDT-Alpha Wrote:Seems that I forgot that there's a "Website URL" in the settings, changed that.

EDIT:

hi there, was this now basically a fresh install or did you do the site on your machine and zip it over ?
Just interested to know if you want you can zip and send me the file. i will pm you my mail address and I can load onto my server and test for you, I host a few GS sites, have not run into this before but can try and help. Maybe somebody else have seen it, but first for me
tx

(if was zip and copy, have you tried doing a clean GS install first, and then copy your pages files and theme over afterwards ? )

No.. You can read my older posts:
I was working about 40 hours on my website while it was hosted by me on my workstation, after finishing the website, I went and found a webhost that will be stable and 99% up...
I took my already-made website and just re-uploaded it into the new host.
Then I found that it needed the CHMOD and about 50 URLs in my code were not right so I fixed that.
Ok. glad you came right. thought you still had problems about chmod warning.

have a good day

bby
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.