Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0)
Alan-A Wrote:Hello Mikeh,

I've got this plug-in running and would like to add a few points / questions:
  • It might be useful to add to your description something along the lines of this plug-in being functionally seperate to your other 'Multi-User' plug-in, which is for the back-end (Yes, I took a while to work this out ... did a complete reinstall on the way ....)
  • Is there a way or is there going to be a way to see / administer who has logged on? (Add & delete users, send out an e-mail, etc.)
  • When I'm asked to give an e-mail address when I'm registering at a site, then I automatically think that I'm about to recieve a registration mail. Whilst I can add a text to the registration box to state that this isn't the case here, I wonder if you're planning this as an option for later?
  • Passwords in the login field are legible. Will you be changing this?
  • Are you planning to link up this plug-in with the 'Multi-User' plug-in (common data folder or similar)?
I find this approach with a semi-secure login interesting and will be keeping an eye on it for the future.

I was hoping that it would have been possible for me to use this plug-in to restrict pages to individual users (eg a download page only for user x and a gallery only for user y) but this doesn't appear to be possible at the moment.

Keep up the good work,

Alan

Thank You for your input.
The plugin is at a basic State of Functionality now, so I am trying to get feature suggestions. Your list helps alot. I can assure you I will do everything on your list except integration into my multi-user plugin (I am not sure on a practical and easy way to do that at this point).

Messages In This Thread
Example site down, having issues - by Rich_K - 2012-11-14, 07:36:37
login box won't display - by horstuff - 2015-11-20, 04:57:25
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0) - by mikeh - 2011-08-02, 08:59:18