Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0)
Awesome work, Mikeh. Things are working pretty darned well, and this is a great way to allow for Members-Only content on the site, which I've thought to be very desirable.

Taking on Alan-A's comments will definitely make this more safe to use, so prioritise yourself with his suggestions. I have some of my own if you either have the time or also think of them as relevant:
  • Allow for either the CSS (of the login box) to be editable or just have the basic CSS as an example file for people to integrate to their own layouts. This just makes things easier to stylise from a newbie's standpoint.
  • Allow for components to also be protected, so certain widgets in a sidebar only show once the user is logged in?
  • (Not important at all) Include a 'members.css' file that enables certain elements of the layout itself to be different for when logged in (eg the background can be different, or the banner image changes if the banner image is the background for a css element)
  • A 'forgot password' section where members can either reset their password or send a message to the admin about their login?
  • Or an easier alternative may be a Secret Question/Answer field on registering in the event of forgetting the password.
  • (Probably difficult) Password strength indicator as they register? Or better still, a CAPTCHA system to prevent bots registering?
  • Perhaps consider an optional integration with other social network logins, such as Facebook and GooglePlus?

Good luck with this plugin's progress. This is one I'm really looking forward to the growth of. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Example site down, having issues - by Rich_K - 2012-11-14, 07:36:37
login box won't display - by horstuff - 2015-11-20, 04:57:25
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0) - by Angryboy - 2011-08-03, 03:34:44