Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0)
Angryboy Wrote:
Code:
Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/u099886477/public_html/plugins/user_login.php on line 568

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/u099886477/public_html/data/pages/.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u099886477/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/u099886477/public_html/plugins/user_login.php on line 573
This is the error that appears when I create pages (when you open the 'Page Properties' screen). I can still create pages no problem afterwards, and the error disappears when I edit them, but I just wonder what causes it.

Only other problem I see is that as I made edits to the CSS of the Login Container box, it seemed to push the information out of the below text-fields. The way I see it, you don't really need to have the CSS editable from within the settings: just provide a basic framework to work from in the root folder of the plugin. This means that users who want to style it up simply copy-paste the framework into their templates and have everything under control from within there.

Otherwise, everything else is working very nicely, and the progress is rapid so keep this up Mikeh Smile Haven't been excited about a plugin's development in a while, so this is great to see Big Grin

Those errors would not cause any problems. I just forgot to put a if(isset()) when defining a couple variables. The next version will fix the errors.

I will look into the CSS of the login box, I could not replicate it so far.

I did take into consideration your suggestion about the css not needing to be update-able through the backend. You are probably right, so until I implement something, I changed the "Edit CSS & Protected Message" tab to "Advanced Options".

I need some opinions on the below feature.

User Login Specific Content
I am creating a way to add login specific content to your template files easily. By login specific I mean, content that is only shown to the user when there logged in and content that is only shown to them when they are not logged in. This can be especially useful if you are loading advertisements in your template and do not want those ads to show for logged in users (It would have many many other uses as well).

The next version will include this feature and I am debating about the best way to implement it.
Right now I am going towards a "Component" like approach. Meaning on the "User Login" admin page, there is a tab called "User Content". From there it lists all the User Login Specific Content and allows you to add new content. Then that content would be included in your template using a simple function with the component name.

ex:
Code:
<?php GetLoginComponent('user-ads'); ?>

Can anyone think of a better way to implement this, or have any suggestions/comments?

Messages In This Thread
Example site down, having issues - by Rich_K - 2012-11-14, 07:36:37
login box won't display - by horstuff - 2015-11-20, 04:57:25
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0) - by mikeh - 2011-08-10, 05:04:47