Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0)
Hello!
I was wondering if the development of this plugin has been completely abandoned or if there is any chance that someone of the great developers over here (or the original author himself) can take the baton.
IMHO, one of the major shortcomings of GS (or of its plugins) is the lack of a secure area, accessible to members only, and in which a user, after logging in, has the ability to edit his own profile.
This would open up a multitude of new possibilities for GS, from "actual" e-commerce to websites for Associations (with membership), from educational websites to the ones for document sharing, etc.
After having created dozens of sites with GS, I concluded that with this CMS you can create almost anything (and without knowing a line of code, with just a few plugins, a bit of javascript and a little of fantasy). However, there is always that problem: what is an e-commerce if a customer can not even edit his home address? And every time I get into this trouble I am the one who is most sorry to be forced to turn the development into Drupal, WP or similar.
Actually, reading along this thread, I thought that the original developer was almost there (login/logout, possibility of choosing between XML and db and on the roadmap I can read "custom fields", "paypal integration, etc.) but, unfortunately, the development has stopped and it does not seems that something similar is available somewhere else. Of course, if I am wrong, please point me in the right direction.
I am not sure if this is the right place where to post these considerations
but since I am currently working with FEUL plugin, I thought to post them here. Please, apologise if I am in the wrong place.
All the best and keep on going with the great work you are doing!
GP

Messages In This Thread
Example site down, having issues - by Rich_K - 2012-11-14, 07:36:37
RE: Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0) - by GPB61 - 2014-01-15, 04:24:39
login box won't display - by horstuff - 2015-11-20, 04:57:25