Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving Pages suggestion
I just discovered GetSimple a couple days ago, and overall I think it's a great system. I do have a small suggestion for when saving pages.

Currently, when you save a page, it keeps the same page edit view open. To be honest, this isn't expected behavior. I expected to be brought back to the Pages Tab/List after doing so. So, I propose a small feature to the page editing options.

It's simple, provide two saving options.
Seconded.

Two buttons would be good. "Save" and "Save & close" maybe.
I vote against that. :-)

I like the way it is. You edit and save a page and then you can quickly do more changes to the same page (without having to search for it again in the page list), or (with just one click) select the Pages tab again to edit/create another.
This though isn't taking away that behavior:

polyfragmented Wrote:Two buttons would be good. "Save" and "Save & close" maybe.

Two buttons would be good.
Thirded. Below textarea....
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Ok, then I suggest you can choose (e.g. with a gsconfig setting) whether you want to display any of those buttons or both.

As I said, I prefer it like it is, but maybe adding a "Back to Page Admin" link near the "Your changes to about have been saved..." legend.
Maybe a plugin developer could whip up a plugin which adds this feature? One could use the functionality in the meantime, core or not.
polyfragmented Wrote:Maybe a plugin developer could whip up a plugin which adds this feature? One could use the functionality in the meantime, core or not.

I didn't noticed that my earlier post was cut off at the beginning.
Anyway , save and close button on the right would come in handy, because there are situations where I have to edit headers of dozen pages. Thus save page below textarea and save->close on the right would be a nice small change.

btw. this should become a core feature without need for a plugin.
A simple redirect to pages administration panel after saving would do the thing.

ps. I've got a feeling that using ampersand in message is the reason that message is cut off.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:
polyfragmented Wrote:Maybe a plugin developer could whip up a plugin which adds this feature? One could use the functionality in the meantime, core or not.

I didn't noticed that my earlier post was cut off at the beginning.
Anyway , save and close button on the right would come in handy, because there are situations where I have to edit headers of dozen pages. Thus save page below textarea and save->close on the right would be a nice small change.

btw. this should become a core feature without need for a plugin.
A simple redirect to pages administration panel after saving would do the thing.

ps. I've got a feeling that using ampersand in message is the reason that message is cut off.

I agree completely. Two buttons
yojoe Wrote:ps. I've got a feeling that using ampersand  in message is the reason that message is cut off.

Sorry - i had to turn on the punn stop spam plugin agian (even though it causes this glitch). Not getting a bogus 400 registrations on the site now makes it a necessary evil. Sorry.

mikeh Wrote:I agree completely. Two buttons
I think if it gets added to the core, it will be two buttons. I don't want to change the current behavior at all. Let me think over this a little...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!