Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Function: multi-level navigation. / Plugin for version 2!
Zegnåt Wrote:It could be conflicting, depending on your CSS. It’s wrong in any case to have an UL-element as a direct child of an other UL-element anyway. You’ll have to edit the plugin to get it right.

Simply search plugin file for this:
Code:
echo '<ul class="menu">';
I think you can guess what you want to edit… Once you edited the plugin to output the right UL-element, remove the one that is wrapping <?php menu_master(); ?> in your template.

This solved the problem, thank you very much for your help!
Quote:http://zegnat.net/data/uploads/zegnat-mu...elmenu.zip

I tried to download the multi-level menu plugin with the link provided on above but it keeps on shown file not found. Any idea??
Download it from the forums here. I’ll soon get a new topic and download link online, a small group (should) have been beta testing the new completely rewritten (and much better) version of this plugin this week.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Hello - Curious to know if a solution was found to frontlineco's error message from page 4 (post#97) of this thread.
Quote:[19-Mar-2010 09:15:49] PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for menu_master(), called in /home/content/80/5809980/html/gscms/theme/Redemption Outreach/template.php on line 47 and defined in /home/content/80/5809980/html/gscms/plugins/zegnat-multilevelmenu.php on line 74
because I'm seeing the same message when in debug-mode.
The theme I'm working with is abacus, which is the only difference.

Thanks
ubuntulistener Wrote:Hello - Curious to know if a solution was found to frontlineco's error message from page 4 (post#97) of this thread.
First of all, it’s a PHP Warning and not an actual error. It shouldn’t break anything.

That said, it was a small error on my end, something I forgot to code correctly. The next version of the plugin will fix this issue. If you can’t live with the PHP warning here’s how to fix it:
Quote:Line 74 of the plugin file:
Code:
function menu_master($a) {
Should be changed to:
Code:
function menu_master($a='') {
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Quote:Download Zegnåt’s multi-level navigation.

This download page is down. Can you activate it again?
Thank you.
The link should work again, though if you had just read this last page of the topic you would have seen a working download link.
How to deduce the necessary page? For example выести page "news".
What do you mean by deduce? This plugin should just output a menu as described in the first post of the topic.
Im scribe example tag: get_navigation(return_page_slug("news")); or get_navigation(return_page_slug() == "news");

and not result ...... help my man ......
re- missing argument 1.....

Ok.. Fixed it. Thanks.
and ?? How to draw a conclusion of 1 page??
Im download new GS ( repositorium ) and not result .... How to draw a conclusion of 1 page??
First of all, if you were to read the description in the first post you’ll know that you should not use get_navigation(). This function uses menu_master().

I can’t really say more as I don’t know what you’re asking… conclusion is probably the wrong English word for it.
How to me to deduce only 1 page?? ( Im russian )

hm ........ im want (wish) output 1 page, example "news"

sory, im bad english ..........
This plugin makes a menu, it has nothing to do with displaying 1 page…
Thank you Zegnåt, I have all turned
Nice work putting it in the default theme Oleg06 Smile
realy ..I'm sorry ...but I don't understand how to use your function :'-(
could you give a template exeample ?
thanks !

edit :
beginning of a solution for those who want to just submenus
and .. a little hack
hi,

I need some help. I only know some html and css so keep that in mind if you want to help me out. I want to get this muliti-level navigation working but so far with no success. this is what I did.

1. I installed the plugin in the plugins folder and it shows as being installed (there was no plugins folder under admin folder though but in the root folder).

2. I change this part of the code in the theme:
Code:
<ul id="nav">
            <?get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?>
        </ul>

into this:
Code:
<ul id="nav">
            <?php menu_master(); ?>
        </ul>

After that I went to create a new page and in the options under parent page I chose index and I also checked the add to menu option.

this is what I got http://www.ips-institute.si/test/

Anyone would like to tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
take away <ul id="nav"> </ UL>
simply paste
<? PHP menu_master ();?>
thanks for reply. I tried it but then the whole menu simply disappears and it appear on very top of the page just in simple text format.
download a theme and see how it is done, then do so under its own template.
plugin did so too. activate my theme
Oleg06 Wrote:download a theme and see how it is done, then do so under its own template.
plugin did so too. activate my theme
http://neowebtime.ru/0/0/pack.zip

I already did try that when you posted it before for some other guy. but couldn't figure things out. your template file is kind of different and I think you also have another plugin installed and most of all I also think you have a different CSS file attached so it just didn't want to work right for me. also I am not really that good with code to really understand it well enough to figure things out just by looking at it. I would need some kind of for dummies instructions here. thanks for trying to help though.