Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another GetSimple site...
http://www.havoc-dlrp.info/
djr.heliohost.org/me
The fact you have a search field looks interesting. Currently it seems to only search through the old site, will you be updating this to include the new GetSimple based site? Let us know how that holds up, as I think more people would be interested in implementing search.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Couldn't one use Google Search?

There are a lot of different search options. However, I also think the board is trying to take the software to a place it wasn't intended. Chris wants this for simple websites and it does it very well. The board is wanting it to be a fully searchable blog/cms system. This is outside the intentions of the software, BUT, Chris is creating a plugin system to allow us to make it fit our needs Wink
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
I never said search should be within GetSimple. But it would be nice to hear about a search system that could potentially be implemented by others.

internet54 Wrote:Couldn't one use Google Search?
Sure one could. Actually, setting up a custom Google Search with your own style and a form on your site pointing to it will fix most of it. But that also means you’re outsourcing part of your site.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Maybe have a search function created that combines all pages into one file, and THEN search the one file. However, I believe my problem is that I'm thinking much bigger than needed.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?