Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVN & CVS for Source Code
... lets move the conversation from here http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3 to this thread.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Derek - thanks for offering to create the trac and CVS on your own server, but I am weary to move it to a non-hosted platform right now because of the backup issue. If we use a hosted code repository then we will never need to worry about that (hopefully).

I do like ravistb09's idea of using Google Code. It's free, allows for unlimited code support and Google will eventually take over the world - what's not to like?

I will leave this as an open debate for the next couple days to see what other suggestions will surface.... but I am leaning towards using Google Code. Has anyone ever had any issues with them?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Google code get my vote
I do like Google Code too, I can take out my offer if everyone just wants to use that. It is a good solution I will give you that. I have just moved over to my servers cause I run svn dumps nightly to back up just in case something does go wrong
------
I can't design for shit but I can code the shit out of your design
Google Code it is?
Yeah, has my Vote. I almost wanna make another Google Account, sick of my old user name from high school Tongue
------
I can't design for shit but I can code the shit out of your design
Google and getsimple for the win!
Hi,

I think it's time to use SVN, yes Google Code is a very good choice for using it.
So you could manage to add committers easily, after you decided for the persons you think able to help!

Personally i am ready to work on many aspects....so let's start!
Sharing is human real nature...
superyms Wrote:Hi,

I think it's time to use SVN, yes Google Code is a very good choice for using it.
So you could manage to add committers easily, after you decided for the persons you think able to help!

Personally i am ready to work on many aspects....so let's start!

Please i have found this on google code : http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/
Is this the official svn??
could we work/participate? could you add me also for translations svn?
Sharing is human real nature...
superyms Wrote:Please i have found this on google code : http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/
Is this the official svn??
could we work/participate? could you add me also for translations svn?

You found us, yes it is the official SVN for GetSimple. Right now, if anyone has patches they would like to see implemented, you will need to contact either Mike, myself or Zegnat. Thanks!
- Chris