Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug with meta description
Hello,

GS don't write the ' (sorry, don't remember the name of this char... :/)

Snippet in Bing :

[Image: screenbing.png]

My description in GS :

[Image: screengs.png]
At first glance, it appears to be a bug with Bing. When you save a page and go back to it in GetSimple does the character still appear?
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Hello Matthew,

Yes it appear but I think it's not a bug with Bing because... When I look the source code, it's the same problem.

Code:
<meta name="description" content="Ayez un site Web efficace et d&eacute;veloppez votre chiffre daffaire !

For the moment, the site is only present in Bing. I wait for Google and Yahoo to see if the problem appear again...
the name of that character is "Apostrophe" and as it is used in programming languages it should be escaped to survive the functions ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
It's because we strip out quotes because that can cause problems if left in: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...ns.php#296

Thinking about this now, maybe we should change it to encode quotes instead of removing them...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Thanks for your reply Smile

It's not a big "bug" because it's only with description. For the title, text, etc... No problem Smile
agreed... the original thinking was, what if some creates an HTML meta tag like this:

Code:
<meta name='description' content='ada's asdfasfdsf asdfasdf sdf d' />

it breaks... and maybe even potentially breaks the whole page.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Same bug is with Russian - if Meta Description field left blank while creating a post, we get buggy symbols in meta

[Image: 1321646114-clip-4kb.png]