Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71
This built picks up where the above updated GetSimple version stops. My try to get uploading functioning for everyone again! How exactly? By taking out the non-working and insecure AJAX uploading by Uploadify that was giving us so many problems.

So instead of fancy multi-file uploading and progress bars you will have a plain upload field, the original fall-back form behind all the jQuery goodness. Let’s choose secure and working above failed but pretty!

Of course I hope Chris can get the access permissions straightened out in GetSimple version 2, let’s hope full uploading capacity getting reintroduced there.

On the matter of uploading:
Quote:Removed files:
Quote:
  • /admin/inc/upload-ajax.php
  • /admin/template/js/uploadify/
  • /admin/template/js/uploadify/uploader.swf
  • /admin/template/js/uploadify/jquery.uploadify.js

Changed files:

Quote:
  • /admin/edit.php — removed an element that was there only "for the jquery uploader", no longer contains an ID to invoke Uploadify (probably killed uploading capabilities on this page altogether).
  • /admin/upload.php — removed an element that was there only “for the jquery uploader”.
  • /admin/template/header.php — no longer calls Uploadify Javascript files.
  • /admin/template/sidebar-files.php — no longer contains an ID to invoke Uploadify.
  • /admin/template/js/jquery.getsimple.js — no longer applies Uploadify to certain elements.

Another long standing feature request is a description option. So I added it (screenshot) to this highly untested built.

On the matter of describing:
Quote:Changed files:
Quote:
  • /index.php — now adds support for the extra variable to be used.
  • /admin/edit.php — added field to the editor.
  • /admin/inc/changedata.php — will write the new field into the XML file of the page.
  • /admin/inc/theme_functions.php — added get_page_description() and get_header() supports this new function.

Be cautious! I just worked through the files and cut stuff out. I have no idea whether I squashed every reference to Uploadify neither do I know whether everything still works. I do not have time to test this built right now, will do it once I have time tomorrow. If you have time to test it before me, please do, and report back with your findings.

For the record: this is not an official GetSimple built, I simply called is 172 as a reference for myself. It has not yet been bug tested either, so if there are any new problems don’t hesitate to tell me!

---

Update:
Quote:
  • 2009-12-16 10:42 (CET): Re-uploaded, now with another unstable function: descriptions.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!

Messages In This Thread
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by Zegnåt - 2009-12-16, 06:42:22
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by internet54 - 2009-12-16, 07:22:45
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by Zegnåt - 2009-12-16, 07:26:05
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by andymci - 2009-12-20, 07:23:00
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by Zegnåt - 2009-12-20, 21:58:31
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by Vadimka - 2010-01-09, 21:58:57
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by Zegnåt - 2010-01-09, 23:14:16
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by wenn - 2010-01-10, 12:58:19
Bug fixes for GetSimple 1.71 - by Philipp Speck - 2010-02-07, 03:09:58