Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getsimple 3.1 Contactable Feedback/Contact Form
*** This plugin is for GS 3.1 and above only !!! ***

GS Contactable is a Getsimple plugin designed to make contact/feedback forms simpler and more accessible.

This plugin will enable you to create a contact form on your site by overlaying the form onto your page quickly and easily with a slide effect and inline validation.

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/get...table/290/

INSTALLATION

Unzip and copy the files into your plugins folder.

Configuration for the plugin is in the Theme Tab.

Language file "e.n_US" is included for translation of the configuration panels labels.

Admin panel allows you to edit all the settings for the plugin, just set your Email address and Subject and away you go.

The rest of the settings are for the labels on the actual contactable form

** NOTE ** your theme MUST include get_header() in the HEAD secion of your template files.

More information on JQuery Contactable can be found here: http://theodin.co.uk/blog/ajax/contactab...lugin.html

Version 1.1
o - moves assets into there own folders.

Version 1.2
o - Email address defaults to the admin email address
o - added and option to specify the language used. Defaults to en_US
o - XML configuration file is created on first run.

Version 1.3
Contact DIV is now appended to the as not all themes have a footer.

Version 1.4
removes extra spaces at the end of the php file.

Version 1.5
loads all scripts/styles from relative paths to fix a problem when fancy urls are enabled and form does not show

Version 1.6
bug fix

Version 1.7
remove check for email address

Version 1.8
fixed i8ln problem
added option for hideOnSubmit
My Github Repos: Github
For some reason after installing your plugin, I can not log into admin
any other plugins installed ?

You have a url I coyuld look at?
No, I tried on the local server.
installed plugins InnovationPlugin.php and anonymous_data.php
Strange...can you see if there are any javascript errors in firebug/chrome developer...

thanks
I did not find any mistakes
no idea then I'm afraid, all the plugin does is load a few javascripts and and create an empty div element for the form.

What version of 3.1 are you using?
make sure its one of the latest beta featured...
I think script queuing was only added then.
Have you Created a new language file for it?

Could you send me/post that and a copy of data\other\contactable.xml

I can't recreate this problem at all.

Anyone else having problems with the plugin?
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<item><emailaddr>bes64@mail.ru</emailaddr><emailsubject>&#x41C;&#x43E;&#x44F; &#x442;&#x435;&#x43C;&#x430;</emailsubject><name>&#x418;&#x43C;&#x44F;</name><email>Email</email><message>&#x421;&#x43E;&#x43E;&#x431;&#x449;&#x435;&#x43D;&#x438;&#x435;</message><recievedmsg>&#x421;&#x43F;&#x430;&#x441;&#x438;&#x431;&#x43E; &#x437;&#x430; &#x441;&#x43E;&#x43E;&#x431;&#x449;&#x435;&#x43D;&#x438;&#x435;</recievedmsg><notrecievedmsg>&#x418;&#x437;&#x432;&#x438;&#x43D;&#x438;&#x442;&#x435;, &#x441;&#x43E;&#x43E;&#x431;&#x449;&#x435;&#x43D;&#x438;&#x435; &#x43D;&#x435; &#x43E;&#x442;&#x43F;&#x440;&#x430;&#x432;&#x43B;&#x435;&#x43D;&#x43E;, &#x43F;&#x43E;&#x43F;&#x440;&#x43E;&#x431;&#x443;&#x439;&#x442;&#x435; &#x43F;&#x43E;&#x437;&#x436;&#x435;</notrecievedmsg><disclaimer></disclaimer><hideonsubmit></hideonsubmit></item>
I made a language file, but it does not connect
Looks like the language file has a problem.

make sure there are no extra spaces or anything before the <?php
or after the ?>
If I replace the line 20 code, it works
Code:
i18n_merge($thisfile_contactable,'ru_RU');
Plugin has been updated to 1.2

Version 1.2
o - Email address defaults to the admin email address
o - added and option to specify the language used. Defaults to en_US
o - XML configuration file is created on first run.
Installed this after updating to 3.1 and it does not work as it should?

On loading the contact page on my site at http://www.peteberry.co.uk/ and click on the contact link, it opens the contact form but negates the rest of the page?

Not even sure how it appeared as I did not add anything to the site to show this?

How do you call the tab up? As I would like it on all pages and its not explained in the instructions, or am I missing something?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Hi Pete,

Feed back form should appear on all pages once its installed. You shouldn't have to do anything except configure the plugin if required at: Theme->Contactable Form Settings

The only thing I can see on your site is the contact DIV is not being created for some reason.

I'll try and replicate it here..

Mike.
Cheers Mike, form looks good and will answer what I am after.

You planning on being able to manage the colours of the form?

I have a few other problems since updating to 3.1 but I am sorting them out later today.

UPDATE: On deactivating the form, the tags in the sidebar at the top disappears which I did not want to show there anyway?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
I've updated the plugin to version 1.3, I've changed the way the contact DIV is created as it was previously appended to footer and not all themes are going to have this. Its now appended to <body>

@pete thanks, would never have noticed this until I saw it live on your site...
No problem, glad to help Smile

UPDATE: It works fine, thanks for the speedy fix.
Pete

Chefbyte Services
anyway, I can not log into admin after installing the plugin Smile
Hi,
your plugin is great, but it doesn't work on subpages in GetSimple 3.1. It works great on main index page, but any other page isn't able to show up contact form.

When I look into the code, all javascripts are loaded into the header, JS for appending the form also. But the form itself isn't loaded – only empty element <div id="contact"></div> is loaded.
Thank you for the plugin - great, logical and easy to skin (and i'm an absolute newbie). One thing though - to change the submit button value from 'SEND' to a localized string i had to change it in jquery.contactable.js - could you add an option to tranlate it as well ? Even if not - thank you.
Edit:
ZhuJo is right - the form disappears from other pages after turning fancy URLs on.
Not sure if it helps:

GET http://localhost/gs/ofera/plugins/DM_contactable/css/contactable.css?v=1.2.1 404 (Not Found)
GET http://localhost/gs/ofera/plugins/DM_contactable/js/jquery.contactable.js?v=1.2.1 404 (Not Found)
GET http://localhost/gs/ofera/plugins/DM_contactable/js/jquery.validate.pack.js?v=1.5.1 404 (Not Found)

(Chrome, XAMMP, Windows). I checked on IE and its the same, so it's not Chrome's fault.
The key is probably the relative path - there's no such thing as 'ofera' - it's just the pageslug rewritten by fancyurl option (forgive me if say sth stupid - i am learning still Wink
So with what should we replace the $SITEURL. in header registration ?
Thanks for reporting guys.

I've updated the version in Extend to use relative paths which fixed the problem when fancy URLs are on.

PLease update your version to 1.5

Rgds, Mike.
Mike,

I installed a plain new GS 3.1 (official download)
your plugin is the first plugin I install there (downloaded today, in extend sayong: version 1.5, in DM_contactable.php the header says it's version 1.0
debug is on
sitewidecookies are on

I cannot login, I get
Quote:Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/web10/html/cmg/data/users/.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web10/html/cmg/admin/inc/basic.php on line 257

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/web10/html/cmg/plugins/DM_contactable.php on line 22

when I enter my login data and click enter, even more error messages
when I de-activate the plugin, everything is ok
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hello,
Have installed your plugin in website i'm building, really nifty! Only problem is its conflicting with my 'share this' widget. (ie on top of each other) anyway to get it to move?

Please see attachment

many thanks
Hey folks,

tried to install version 1.6 but plugins overview looks like this:

[Image: contactible.png]

Looks like it doesn't get activated.
Strange thing: I tested it 2 days ago - it worked flawlessly back then.