Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core feature - like Items Manager Plugin
I have used GetSimple for some very little sites, but I get stuck with is on simple tasks like:

- portofolio section (somehow acheavable with I18N gallery, but not quite )
- list of products (not e-commerce , just a small products catalog and perhaps distributed in few categories)
- list of services
- list of parteners, or links
- testimonials
- various content

many of these content types needing one or more images , or main image with thumbnail

GetSimple CMS is a litle bit ... too simple.

Last year I found this great plug-in that seemed to solve all the problems:

Items Manager v0.9

Unfortunately, it is in alpha stage since a very long time, and seems like new problems keep showing up.

My point is that GetSimple is not complete withouth this plugin or with the features it offers.

And I know what I am saing ... we need some way of creating content with getsimle other that simple pages.

Wordpress came up with Custom Post Types since v3. 1
Drupal does this since ever.
Joomla has advanced taxonomy system that allows to create custom content structures.
etc. ..

GetSimple is great because it's light, but ... it is too light.

I am trying to recomend GetSimple to my clients, but they always want some little things that are imposible or very dificult to achive with GS.
And if I modify the template to suit their needs, the admin just doesn't provide a clean way to manage that content.

People have made great plugins for GS like news, blog etc but these are too specific.

In order for getsimple spread needs to be a little more versatile.

Super great work so far!

Messages In This Thread
Core feature - like Items Manager Plugin - by tazmandev - 2012-01-20, 10:51:15