Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relative path vs full path for images and PDF links
Ah, I see.

Well, I personally wouldn't be here if the i18n suite of plugins wouldn't exist. Without them, GS is really a bit too simple for my needs. But with mvlceks tools, GS is able to compete with almost all important aspects of ModX, which I was using before.
ModX is quite bloated and the backend rather slow to use, although it's a pretty mighty and deep system similar to GS in many ways ("Non-Blackbox-CMS" I'd call it).
So for me, only everything i18n together with the SimpleInputTabs plugin makes GS into a "complete" CMS.

Which is a long way of saying: it would be cool if those plugins could be supported by the fixsiteURL plugin ;-)

I still wonder though, if replacing the _currently_ used Site URL directly when using the file browser (be it in a plugins GUI or in the content frontend) with a dynamic placeholder wouldn't be a more general and complete solution.
From the several threads I read about the topic I take it that this is complicated because of the used editor and browser components, but still it seems to me to be the only real solution that could work everywhere, even with multiple systems used in a roundtrip way (like two developers with different local structures working on the same site plus the site itself for instance).

I thank you VERY much for your help with this!

Cheers,

Tom

Messages In This Thread
RE: Relative path vs full path for images and PDF links - by Thomas Helzle - 2013-08-15, 01:08:24